Cultivated Reef

How to ger rid of the green hair algae

dottybackss

see biggest thread down below this one out in the forum for one good way.

I ordered some 35%.

I plan to carefully apply with cotton swabs for now. Maybe a syringe after I see whats what.

Any tips?

Its safer than the 1w laser I still might buy.

brandon429

Ha! you joined up for the 35 party thats what Im talking about. you may already know this from time in a lab but when you get it on your hands and it blanches them white so painfully the feeling w return. no need to ponder the er like I did :)

Id have to see your treatment tank again I forgot whether you could remove your treatable rocks or did you have to treat internally. I do internal stuff in my tiny reef so anything larger should be ok if all the sensitives line up.

dotty

http://www.nano-reef.com/topic/268706-peroxide-saves-my-tank-with-pics-to-prove-it/

When I got an outbreak of GHA (oddly it was hitchhiking on an Astrea snail shell and I left it thinking it looked like a "Troll" doll... never again) I pulled the affected rocks during my next water change and scrubbed them raw with a small barbecue brush (with the stiff metal wires). It took off the coralline in the spots that were scrubbed, but the GHA was gone.

Rinsed the rocks well in the water change bucket until I was satisfied the GHA was gone.

Haven't had an issue since.

Brandon,

Most of mine is growing on frag plugs for now. I'm just going to take them out, swab them, then rinse them, the replace.

Ive been running nori for my tang in a clip, to keep her from beating up all the other fish for food.

That nori instantly fuels green algae growth when it breaks down, it bypasses my Zeo filtration which primarily filters protein wastes. Like rocket jet fuel.

Only when I get bolder will I syringe apply in tank.

61Edog5JEZL.jpg

Archived