Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Nanofreaks Shallow 45 CADlight

Nanofreak79

• Replies 537
  • Created
  • Last Reply
FlowerMama

Following- My lfs ordered the same tank and stand Tues after the whopping failure for the 45 w/ a reef ready stand. I'm also using the Tunze Osmolator and the Maxspect Razor. Which Razor do you have and for this width are you buying the 120 degree optics or just taking them off?

Nanofreak79

I bought the 27" I'm not going with the 120's because I heard there white plastic pieces with no real reflectors. If anything I'd take them off. Here's a good chart I found from Chris at coralvue. It shows it can cover the tank I have, but I'll still most likely add a nano razor with the attachment legs

.http://flic.kr/p/nggohs]13956241210_f94e2538a0.jpg[/url]http://flic.kr/p/nggohs]20140509-010504-1 by -Nanofreak79-[/url]

I should be able to hang mine at 24" and have coverage and decent par for low light stuff around the edges. Thanks for following!

They have a 43"? Razor with 6 pads, but I ordered this already and didn't have the $900 for it anyway.

That 43" razor is rediculously large. I don't think I could justify the cost. Especially since I could build something nicer and use that new asis heatsink that has spots for t5s built into it.

FlowerMama

I bought the 27" I'm not going with the 120's because I heard there white plastic pieces with no real reflectors. If anything I'd take them off. Here's a good chart I found from Chris at coralvue. It shows it can cover the tank I have, but I'll still most likely add a nano razor with the attachment legs

.http://flic.kr/p/nggohs]13956241210_f94e2538a0.jpg[/url]http://flic.kr/p/nggohs]20140509-010504-1 by -Nanofreak79-[/url]

I should be able to hang mine at 24" and have coverage and decent par for low light stuff around the edges. Thanks for following!

They have a 43"? Razor with 6 pads, but I ordered this already and didn't have the $900 for it anyway.

Uh, yeah, I couldn't afford 900 either and my light originally was purchased for the thought of the 45. Your tank is going to be so beautiful as a mixed reef.

So, with me doing rock flowers which are med to med-high at most I was told to do 12" above the tank. I was thinking for extra biological filtration I'll put rock in some of the corners since 27lbs of rock may not fit into my fuge. I'll have to probably get another 25 lbs of rock now. Geez, this is adding up on the credit card.

Nanofreak79

I know......money pits! I'm dreading the move, if I ever get my stand in line. Moving my rock and trying to put a new scape in is what will annoy me. Rock flowers are the craze right now. I don't have any, but you never know. I like the maxi minis myself.

I don't use credit cards anymore. I'd be in real trouble with those.

I love my maxi mini but it shoved itself against the front glass making viewing pleasure kind of hard (not that the algae is helping any >.>) when I look at the tank directly.

I wanted a particular rock flower I saw once but I haven't seen it since it sold and aquascapers went away. Still if I could find a fancy one when I had the cash ready in hand I'd totes get one for my sexy tank.

FlowerMama

I know......money pits! I'm dreading the move, if I ever get my stand in line. Moving my rock and trying to put a new scape in is what will annoy me. Rock flowers are the craze right now. I don't have any, but you never know. I like the maxi minis myself.

I don't use credit cards anymore. I'd be in real trouble with those.

I always need one for those moments that you need a big purchase- new tires, brakes, a Razor.

Nanofreak79

I need some more repair work done on the expedition. I try and do everything I can myself. More money for my addiction. I know I need some spendy suspension work done.......not sure on how I'll pull that off yet.

I love my maxi mini but it shoved itself against the front glass making viewing pleasure kind of hard (not that the algae is helping any >.>) when I look at the tank directly. I wanted a particular rock flower I saw once but I haven't seen it since it sold and aquascapers went away. Still if I could find a fancy one when I had the cash ready in hand I'd totes get one for my sexy tank.
Yep, I'd need a real colorful one. My next months money is going towards coral only! I mean it!

I do everything I can on my car until expensive tools are needed to do the job. Just got done putting money to the side for my tires so will now need to find a good 225/55r16 tire. Guys at work suggested Nexan 5000s but I think I'll want something more like Uniroyal Tiger Paw NT Tourings.

Nanofreak79
I do everything I can on my car until expensive tools are needed to do the job. Just got done putting money to the side for my tires so will now need to find a good 225/55r16 tire. Guys at work suggested Nexan 5000s but I think I'll want something more like Uniroyal Tiger Paw NT Tourings.

Sounds good, but if can't get past this weird stalker.

Putting them on a 2004 ford mustang. I would put another set of Yokohama AS530s on it but they're discontinued. :(

Yeah Mr. Halide is a little weird.

Nanofreak79

I know you can read, but your ruining my family guy episodes.

Putting them on a 2004 ford mustang. I would put another set of Yokohama AS530s on it but they're discontinued. :( Yeah Mr. Halide is a little weird.
I like the yokahoma tires. I'd go with those if I had the choice.

Just saw mustang, very nice!

I like the yokahoma tires. I'd go with those if I had the choice.

Just saw mustang, very nice!

The cheapest Yokohamas I can find are too expensive for my book. If I had a Shelby or Mach 1 I'd do it just for looks but I have a base model so the $91 (on Walmart.com so that's not counting the discount for being an employee :P) tiger paws will probably be my tire of choice.

Hell yeah so I can do some sick tricks with my little 3.9L V6. :P

Actually has more get up and go than people think.

Archived