Innovative Marine Aquariums

Urbanek's 250

urbaneks

• 3 months later...

Stunning Cabinet!! Can't wait to see the tank on it. Would you be able to provide a litte more detail on how you built/attach the door's to the cabinet... in one picture you can see the hardware and it looks like the doors are slabs and clip or hang on the frame? Is the door just a solid peice of MDF/Plywood with the barnwood attached for astetics?

same lol, but big tanks sometimes have big set backs so I tend to not be surprised when delays in thread occur. Someone posted their 200 recently that hadnt been updated in a year heh.

Got really excited seeing this thread in the feed. Any updates?

Same I saw this thread was posted in today and got way too excited. Hopefully we get something eventually.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

March 31st, 2015 - Response to Feedback

Ah. I would love to see some pics now! I don't care about it being pretty. I just want to see what the tank looks like on that awesome stand.

Thanks for the comment, this will be a common answer here but the tank is doing great, long overdue for an update. I just have not put any priority into the thread or picture taking for that matter.

Ooooh :D

Thanks so much!

So many pics to start with and its been two months and I haven't even seen the tank yet!

The tank is in place, it's been running about 9 months now. It's about 90% SPS with lots of room left for more coral. I've been taking it slow.

Can we get a sneak peak? I'd love to just see how the tank fits with the rustic stand and the light hanging above it.

Here is a picture of when the tank was first moved onto the stand. This was taken more than 9 months ago.

TankonStand_zpsqxtq8bu3.jpg

we want pics! we want pics! we want pics!

Very sorry. I know I'm long overdue. My apologies.

That stand is fantastic. Looking forward to seeing what you do with the rest of the build.

Thanks so much for the kind words

I don't know how I missed this build but that cabinet is beautiful! Can't wait to see where the tank goes from here. Good luck!

Thanks for the view and comment on the cabinet. It was a very challenging project for me. I learned a lot from it.

The suspense is killing me!!!

Soon!

any update?

See above. Soon.

Wow Brad, all I can say is wow. I loved your previous build and this one definitely does not dissapoint. That would have to be the nicest custom stand I have ever seen!

Thanks so much. The stand and beam add a very nice element to our Living Room.

• Like 2

Stunning Cabinet!! Can't wait to see the tank on it. Would you be able to provide a litte more detail on how you built/attach the door's to the cabinet... in one picture you can see the hardware and it looks like the doors are slabs and clip or hang on the frame? Is the door just a solid peice of MDF/Plywood with the barnwood attached for astetics?

Thanks for your kind words. The doors start out as 3/4" angle iron frames. I drilled holes in the frames and then attached 1/2" plywood to the frames. Then 1/4" pieces of barnwood are attached to the plywood to give you the finished look. The doors then attach to the cabinet with pieces of angle iron at the bottom as rails and then strong magnets at the top. Pretty simple design really.

Got really excited seeing this thread in the feed. Any updates?

Small update here, will need to get the camera out of hibernation and get a few photos.

same lol, but big tanks sometimes have big set backs so I tend to not be surprised when delays in thread occur. Someone posted their 200 recently that hadnt been updated in a year heh.

While I have had my list of setbacks and challenges, nothing too major. My lack of updates has really just been a matter of putting my time in effort into the tank and not so much into the documentation.

This is a super awesome build... I hope OP comes on with an update!

Who is OP?

Same I saw this thread was posted in today and got way too excited. Hopefully we get something eventually.

Soon!

teaseeeee

Soon!

Lol... Sorry guys just me asking a question :)

I promise soon!

Brad, its time.

LOL, it's past time.

I know he's alive I seen some posts on RC... Updates?!?!?!? ;)

I am more active on RC since big tanks are more recognized over there however, my thread on RC is just as neglected.

I was thinking about this tank the other day. How has it come? Would love an update on this tank and how it looks with the stand and such.

The tank is doing great, lots of SPS, great growth and color, will get some photos up to show he progress.

Still nothing? Damn. Thought I was away for long enough to see something here.

Still nothing! Sorry for the delay.

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

HE'S BACK?!

PICSSSS PLSSSSS!

:D

Santa delivered a new DSLR and Lens. I'll be posted a few photos shortly.

he's backkkk FTS asap

Will post a FTS here in a second.

Can't wait for the updated pics!

Thanks for the view and comment.

WOOHOOO! He's back! Can't wait to see this thing!

Thanks.

Pic update!!

Stand by

Uodates

yes sir.

Jan 1st 2016 - Photo Update

Ok - So it's been a really long time since I've updated this build thread. Looking back it seems I have not updated the journal in 1.5 years. Pretty sad I know. The tank has never taken a back seat, only the journal here on the forums. The primary reason for a lack of updates was a lack of a decent camera to capture the progress.

Santa fixed that by bring a new DSLR and Macro Lens! Thank you Santa!

I'll come back and update the journal on equipment, installation etc but for now, I wanted to get a few new photos of the aquarium as it exists today. Here we will start with a FTS from December. You can see the the tank is pretty populated with larger coral colonies. You may recognize the big blue Oregon Tort in the center of the aquarium. This was one of my favorite corals from the old 112g tank.

Dec%20FTS_zps06nqhrjc.jpg

December 2015 FTS

Here's one more FTS shot. I'm not overly crazy about the picture but I wanted to show how the old barn beam turned out with the light hanging from it.

FTS%20w%20Beam_zpslfa0eweu.jpg

December FTS with Barn Beam

The tank is mostly SPS but I've recently started adding a few pieces of LPS and softies in the lower shaded areas of the tank. Here are a few macro shots of my corals.

Pearlberry_zpspy0xyvk1.jpg

ORA Pearl Berry - One of my all time favorites

Strawberry%20Fields_zpsk24dfql9.jpg

Strawberry Fields Acro - Love the way this one tables

Lobo_zpsvhhkobza.jpg

Lobo - This was a new add courtesy of a local reefing friend, Thanks Wayne!

Brain%20Coral_zps8yvcmvu7.jpg

Brain Coral - I'm really liking the new macro lens.

I'll leave this update with one more photo taken from the end of the peninsula. I think this photo does a pretty good job of showing the growth and color in the aquarium. For reference, the blue tang is 8" long, the Strawberry Shortcake table in front of the tang is ~10" by 12"

End%20Shot_zpsafbioa5h.jpg

Photo taken from the end of aquarium, 6 feet of aquarium in view

• Like 12