inTank Media Baskets

Urbanek's 250

urbaneks

Shallow~Reef

I love that you chose the sea as your inspiration for your rock layout. Imo I think an open space with lots of sand showing has more sense of depth within the tank and it looks more calmer to look into (If you catch my drift lol).

• Like 1

Brad - wow man you really out done yourself this go around !! Love how that stand came out !! I know who I am calling when I upgrade my tank and need a stand build - lol.. And your tank stand / build is already TOTM in my book !! Following this thread / now hurry up and get the tank wet !!!

May 15th, 2014 - Responses to Feedback

Wow. The stand looks amazing. I know the deal with seeing your own errors in a DIY project but everything you did there looks amazing to me (and it seems everyone else). It's crazy to me to see you do something so well with old barn wood when just last week I was in Restoration Hardware which inspired me to look into where I can get some to do a project myself. I have much less experience than you though so even your posts on working with the wood were very informative for me. Love the detail keep doing what you are doing!

Tony

Tony, Thanks for the view and comment. I honestly don't have any experience with the barn wood. I simply decided I liked it, committed to making it happen then read and read until I felt confident in making it happen. Love the fact you've found it imformative.

I love that you chose the sea as your inspiration for your rock layout. Imo I think an open space with lots of sand showing has more sense of depth within the tank and it looks more calmer to look into (If you catch my drift lol).

Thanks for checking in here. I think we should look to the sea more often vs. trying to emulate the same scapes we see over and over. Hopefully I can create something remotely close to the inspiration photo.

Brad - wow man you really out done yourself this go around !! Love how that stand came out !! I know who I am calling when I upgrade my tank and need a stand build - lol.. And your tank stand / build is already TOTM in my book !! Following this thread / now hurry up and get the tank wet !!!

Thanks for the kind words. I'd love to assist you with a future cabinet build. Of course, you will need to travel my way.

So it came in didn't it.

It's here! And it arrived in one piece. I've was able to recruit enough help to get the tank on the cabinet. Just the glass alone was 500+ lbs. Took 8 of us to move the tank and it was still very heavy.

Can't wait to see the tank. Eta?

As mentioned above, the tank is here and it's on the cabinet. I was able to get some of the plumbing done on Wednesday but my work scheduled has been hectic. I hope to finish plumbing next week. I plan on getting a few photos online shortly.

Very nice, I am looking forward to tagging along,

Thanks so much for the kind words.

Brad, dying to know if you got the tank and have any pics :).

It's in. Stay tuned.

Hopefully he's setting up this beauty

Slow and stead. Thanks for the view and comment.

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

June 24th, 2014 - Responses to Feedback

Wow, this build is beyond professional. Amazing.

Definitely following along. And probably stealing this look for the next upgrade :D

Steal with pride! Thanks for the view and comments.

any update?

Things are progressing. Slowly but surely. Tank is currently full of water and live rock, it's been cycling for about 4 weeks. Not much to photograph yet. Once I complete my first water change post cycle, I'll get some pictures posted.

Yes please god I'm dying to see this thing wet!

Soon. Thanks for the view and comments.

How's the tank doing?

Slow and steady. I was able to order some really killer live rock so I ended up with a scape that I'm pretty pleased with. Pics soon.

any update?

see above...

this

see above, above.

• Like 2

Ah. I would love to see some pics now! I don't care about it being pretty. I just want to see what the tank looks like on that awesome stand.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Wow Brad, all I can say is wow. I loved your previous build and this one definitely does not dissapoint. That would have to be the nicest custom stand I have ever seen!