Top Shelf Aquatics

Urbanek's 250

urbaneks

Brilliant as usual. I'm particularly excited to see how the RR Led Zeppelin progresses. Also, very cool Sanjay story :).

I would buy a Calendar too!

April 28th, 2016 - Photo Update

Just getting my weekly photo bomb added here. Thanks for looking.

RR%20Phong_zpsnyvctqee.jpg

Reef Raft - The Phong

Humilis_zpsfs8fwv5b.jpg

Purple Humilis

Skull%20Cracker_zpsps3f4yzf.jpg

Rocky Mountain Corals - Skull Cracker

IMG_1127_zpsszwduyuz.jpg

Some random zoa - Think it's Armor of God

Joe_zpsxnzhzby6.jpg

ORA Joe the Coral

• Like 10
Nano sapiens

Beautiful pics of some very healthy coral (I think I've said that a few times, but always true! :)). Really great that Sanjay paid you and your reef a visit.

• Like 1

Great pictures as always! I especially appreciate the shot of the zoa. Whenever I try to get zoa pictures from that angle, the light reflecting off the top of the zoas always blows out the highlights. But yours looks perfect :)

• Like 1

May 2nd, 2016 - Photo Update

Once again, it's been a few days since I've posted an update. Sticking with my resolution to continue posting, I'm gonna keep putting posts out there. Comments are always appreciated.

CC%20Boo%20Berry_zps5tfolb67.jpg

Cherry Corals - Boo Berry - I have high hopes for this coral. It's been a very slow grower thus far.

ORA%20Scripps_zpsmbdkyzpd.jpg

ORA Scrips Green Tip Staghorn

Chromis%20Arch_zpsevunk1om.jpg

I recently redid some of my scape which resulted in some more open space and a couple archways. Here is a shot of one of my chromis, ducking in behind the arch.

Tang%20Chromis_zpssirbfpte.jpg

I thought this was a funny photo with the Yellow Tang trying to shoal with the Chromis

• Like 10

May 7th, 2016 - Response to Feedback

Brilliant as usual. I'm particularly excited to see how the RR Led Zeppelin progresses. Also, very cool Sanjay story :).

I would buy a Calendar too!

gabe3eb - The RR Led Zeppelin is sweet. Super slow grower so we may be waiting a while.

Great pictures as always! I especially appreciate the shot of the zoa. Whenever I try to get zoa pictures from that angle, the light reflecting off the top of the zoas always blows out the highlights. But yours looks perfect :)

teenyreef - Thanks for the view and comments. The zoa's are difficult to shoot. I keep them so low in the tank, it makes it hard to get enough light to camera.

He's like "wait up guys, I'm one of yooooouuuuuuu!" :D

jedimasterben - Thanks for the view and comment.

• Like 2

May 7th, 2016 - Photo Update

I just recently finished the 4th month of my Project 365. If you have not been following, I've been taking and posting a photo every day. Started back on New Years and haven't missed a day yet. Here is the summary of the first 4 months. Thanks for looking.

January%20Wrap%20Up_zpspiotcrjl.jpg

Feb%20Wrap%20Up_zpshullfs8h.jpg

Project%20365%20Month%203_zpsvgf7bfvb.jp

Project%20365%20Month%204_zpseqb8phig.jp

• Like 8
reefernanoman

May 7th, 2016 - Photo Update

I just recently finished the 4th month of my Project 365. If you have not been following, I've been taking and posting a photo every day. Started back on New Years and haven't missed a day yet. Here is the summary of the first 4 months. Thanks for looking.

January%20Wrap%20Up_zpspiotcrjl.jpg

Feb%20Wrap%20Up_zpshullfs8h.jpg

Project%20365%20Month%203_zpsvgf7bfvb.jp

Project%20365%20Month%204_zpseqb8phig.jp

One word : awesome!

One word : awesome!

Reefernanoman - ? Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. Much appreciated.

• Like 2
reefernanoman

Reefernanoman - Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. Much appreciated.

Thanks for taking all those nice pics!

• Like 1

May 10th, 2016 - Photo Update

I'm not sure if the participation is way down on NanoReef these days or what but it seems like there is far less traffic than what I was use to. At any rate, here is the latest round of photos to keep the journal up to date.

Thanks for looking! Comments are always appreciated.

Front%20FTS%20Elevated_zpsp81jc12q.jpg

I will get tonight's photos kicked off with a recent FTS. I took this from a very high angle to give a different perspective of the aquarium and the sizes of a few of my corals. . I liked out all the Chormis were hanging together

Frong%20Middle_zpstbvujhcl.jpg

This is a shot of the front side of the peninsula. This gives you zoom in of that center section from the FTS above.

Humilis_zpsx2qeqruk.jpg

Here is a shot of my Purple Humilis taken just before the last light went out for the night. I thought this shot had a neat look to it.

Tort%20Combo_zps7zudbwog.jpg

Tort Combo - Here is a shot, again in very low light of my Cali Tort and Great Oceans Wonder Tort. The GOW came from a local reefer (Thanks Jeff P.)

RainbowAcan_zpsdr150ftp.jpg

One more very low light shot taken of one of my favorite acans.

• Like 12

Are the chromis all the original you started with, or do you replace them every couple of weeks? I've tried multiple times to keep larger groups of chromis and they just kill each other off.

Love the FTS!!!

Not sure if there's less activity on N-R, but you have lots of silent admirers here, so keep posting. :)

People tend to "gush" more on other forums. +1 you have plenty of people looking

May 11th, 2016 - Response to Feedback

Love that first pic! Tank just looks amazing.

Spectra - Thanks so much. Everyone loves a FTS.

Looks good

uwdanno - Thanks.

Chromis schooling in living room B) I love it

tanacharison - never thought of it that way but I do like it. Thanks for the views and comments.

Are the chromis all the original you started with, or do you replace them every couple of weeks? I've tried multiple times to keep larger groups of chromis and they just kill each other off.

brad908 - I added 6 chromis to my last tank which was ~5 years ago. At the time, I moved into the new tank, I had 4 left. I added 9 more 2 years ago taking me to 13. One of those 9 died within a few weeks of going in the tank. That leaves me with an even dozen which I've had between 2-5 years. I think the more you can keep the better off they are, it spreads the aggression out between fish. I also feed ~3 times a day, not sure if that helps but it does not seem to hurt.

Loved the colors and form in this tank!

Newstead - Really appreciate it.

Love the FTS!!!

Not sure if there's less activity on N-R, but you have lots of silent admirers here, so keep posting. :)

Orangutran - Thanks for the kind words on the FTS. I guess the like button has replaced the comment button more and more these days.

People tend to "gush" more on other forums. +1 you have plenty of people looking

uwdanno - I'm not looking for gush, I really enjoy feedback both positive, constructive. I also like to answer questions people might have as it leads to sharing of ideas. It seems like there use to be more of that here.

• Like 1
reefernanoman

May 10th, 2016 - Photo Update

I'm not sure if the participation is way down on NanoReef these days or what but it seems like there is far less traffic than what I was use to. At any rate, here is the latest round of photos to keep the journal up to date.

Thanks for looking! Comments are always appreciated.

Front%20FTS%20Elevated_zpsp81jc12q.jpg

I will get tonight's photos kicked off with a recent FTS. I took this from a very high angle to give a different perspective of the aquarium and the sizes of a few of my corals. . I liked out all the Chormis were hanging together

Frong%20Middle_zpstbvujhcl.jpg

This is a shot of the front side of the peninsula. This gives you zoom in of that center section from the FTS above.

Humilis_zpsx2qeqruk.jpg

Here is a shot of my Purple Humilis taken just before the last light went out for the night. I thought this shot had a neat look to it.

Tort%20Combo_zps7zudbwog.jpg

Tort Combo - Here is a shot, again in very low light of my Cali Tort and Great Oceans Wonder Tort. The GOW came from a local reefer (Thanks Jeff P.)

RainbowAcan_zpsdr150ftp.jpg

One more very low light shot taken of one of my favorite acans.

Stunning! I think that NR is still pretty activate (at least it seems that way to me). I spend at least 2 hours daily here easily.

Love the stand and have to ask if there are any detailed pics on how they are hung and how you built them? Did you cut the wood down on the skin or ?

Starting a new build myself and would like to incorporate a few of your ideas into it as I love the distressed look myself!

Two things:

1)That pearlberry acro from a few pages ago is probably the coolest acro I've ever seen.

2)The photo collage of the 365 project should be a poster...and I'd like to hang one in my room! SOOOOOO cool.

Urbaneks, great shots!

1. Can share what's placed inside your sump with your skimmer?

2. What camera are you using for your shots? They look awesome!

• Like 1