Top Shelf Aquatics

Kat's Tea Party Under the Tree - Retired

metrokat

DEcember 30th 2015: Retired this tank. Somebody just came and picked it up, he's setting it up for his daughter and loved the tree. Glad it's going to make somebody happy.

August 2015: UPGRADE to Fluval Spec V!!! omgomgomg

20150829_120047.jpg

FTS April 21, 2015

pico1.JPG

omgomgomg

I've resisted a second tank for so long haven't I? Well, thanks to Marine Depot, I have a JBJ Cubey to try out. With a DT that measures 7.5 X 7.5 X 8, this little 3G guy is a challenge already.

Welcome to my new muse. :)

Features

• High efficiency LEDs
  • Blue, Red, and White LEDs
  • Wireless Remote for LED light control
  • 3-Stage Filtration System

20140421_152423.jpg

Index

• Replies 796
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:lol:

YEEEEESSSSSS

Welcome to the dark side, Kat. We will make a pico-keeper out of you, yet!

I was at the LFS earlier. They had the cutest littlest baby squamosa, maxima and derasa. I was THIS close to getting them ALL. Not sure how I walked out of there without them. But even so, this tank can't sustain clams but holy cow were they cute and would look ever cuter. Pico reef here I come.

Lilies & Lace

Congratulations on the new tank! What are your stocking plans like? I bet you are going to do amazing things with this little pico!

So are you going to plumb this into your RSM's sump or will it be separate? If I ever do a Pico, I'll be plumbing it to my main tank for sure, but that's just so I can be lazy and cheap!

Congratulations on the new tank! What are your stocking plans like? I bet you are going to do amazing things with this little pico!

I kept a pico a few years ago, kept it running for 9 months before I broke it down out of boredom. I basically had nothing to do. :blink: In this tank, the stocking plan is not set but I have a general idea :ninja: And keeping everything neatly in it's place will be plenty to do. For now anyway fingerscrossed

The scape will take up most of the time, the footprint is so little that it has to be right the first time, there isn't really room for a re-do.

So are you going to plumb this into your RSM's sump or will it be separate? If I ever do a Pico, I'll be plumbing it to my main tank for sure, but that's just so I can be lazy and cheap!

No plans to plumb it. And I'm also reviewing this product. It is a new release by JBJ, in fact this particular model doesn't have proper pictures online yet. Comes with a cute spray bar :lol:

My previous pico was a stand alone, it had a lid so evap was minimal and I topped off manually whenever I felt like it.

IMG_20120307_144211.jpg

Congrats Kat, maybe just a Frag tank everyone has been pushing you for??? I have considered Pico, but I am just too lazy to make it work well. I still don't have an ATO. :D

heat is not my friend in my biocube. someday I will go LED on it.

Thank you Papa of Peanut. It's too little for a frag tank and I'm not sure how good the light is. I'm about to do a leak test and try out the electricals in a bit.

I see things like this and it makes me want to jump on the 8gallon JBJ nano that is for sale on CL here (new in box) for $75...

Not a proper frag tank, but one for 9-12 zoa frags.....and later maybe for frag swaps. lighting will be the key.

Oh well...maybe a Yahsa goby and pistol?

I have a yasha and pistol in my RSM. For fish (if I keep fish) it will have to be the goby family (of course). Choices are

Eviota

Trimma

Yellow Neon

Yellow clown

Nanofreak79

Sexy little cube. I want some free shizz. I'm curious about how the LEDs grow coral.

I have a yasha and pistol in my RSM. For fish (if I keep fish) it will have to be the goby family (of course). Choices areEviotaTrimmaYellow NeonYellow clown
Trimma gets my vote!

Archived