Top Shelf Aquatics

Kat's Tea Party Under the Tree - Retired

metrokat

Micro-Reefs Aquariums

omgomgomg

I've resisted a second tank for so long haven't I? Well, thanks to Marine Depot, I have a JBJ Cubey to try out. With a DT that measures 7.5 X 7.5 X 8, this little 3G guy is a challenge already.

Welcome to my new muse. :)

JBJ-Cubey-3-Gallon-Desktop-Aquarium-Blac

FTS July 2014 Details post 231

20140706_201825.jpg

FTS April 21, 2014 :)

20140421_200145.jpg

Features

• High efficiency LEDs
  • Blue, Red, and White LEDs
  • Wireless Remote for LED light control
  • 3-Stage Filtration System
20140421_152423.jpg

Index

Micro-Reefs strongly believes, bigger is NOT ALWAYS BETTER!

• Replies 796
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Still there, on the sand, 2 pots. Had to remove the wagon, it was rusting despite the silicone spray.

I still have it for photo ops. :lol:

Clear epoxy resin. Rustic wagon look a-ok!

Needs a boost of coralline. Scrape some from the max, pulverize, and pour.

• 3 months later...

Inhabitants are 2 sexy shrimp and some Virgin Nirites, micro hermit crabs. The Majanos have migrated, some are still in the pots, some hopped out and are attached elsewhere. They haven't multiplied. I have a small tuft of a macro algae - very coarse, grows all knarly. I like it a lot but have yet to get an ID on it.
The display now has tiny flat worms that I've been sort of culturing - for Blue Velvet Nudibranchs!!!! They grow exponentially when I add phyto to the tank. They came from my old tank, from the fuge, I had a bad case of them and some of the GSP came from there. I did a 1 or 2 FWE treatment a really long time ago, the thing with these FW is that they get immune and come back stronger from the treatments. They're a very small size which is odd they were huge in my old fuge. I don't feed the tank much, that's probably why the asternia starfish attached my potted Sunny Ds and devoured them. Punks. Once in a while I will throw in some 0.05micron sized pellets for the sexies and crabs.

20150415_084826.jpg

The chaeto started as a couple of pieces that came by accident from my old fuge. There isn't any back chamber to speak of in these tanks so it is in the display, wraps itself around the tree till I trim it back.

I really would like to find a new home for this tank. I can't bring myself to tear it down so somebody that likes Blue Velvet nudibranchs and minature gardens please PM me. icon_smile.gif

Today is the day! Happy birthday to the Pico. I really can't believe it has been a whole year. It's alive and well, on autopilot mostly. I change the water about once a month I think. The flat worms are now I think enough to sustain a Blue Velvet but I've been waiting 2-3 weeks for the LFS to get them in. IT's funny, a year ago when I started this tank I wanted it to be a nudibranch habitat. I had sea slugs in there, one of which tore in half and nuked the tank. So I had to re-start it, and good thing too because I entered it in the nano contest over on R2R. And won "Most Creative Nano". :)

Peechurs!

pico1.JPG

https%253A%252F%252Flh6.googleuserconten

pico4.JPG

pico5.JPG

pico7.JPG

pico2.JPG

The tree has so much going on now. The GSP branches are obvious and so is the red macro that fills the middle. But there are also tiny bunches of pulsing xenia and blue cloves here and there from the attempts to get them to cover the branches.

It's still a pretty cute tank. :)

• 4 weeks later...

This Pico grows Cheto like a boss.

4 weeks ago there was one single strand that i left in the display.

Today

20150521_204013.jpg

The blue velvet died in about a week. It was not behaving normally from the start, barely eating the billion FW at it's feet. I've ordered another one from the LFS.

• 1 month later...

Any fishes left up in here?

No, just 2 sexy shrimp. I had one neon goby for a few months, she used to jump into the back chambers and it would be a huge ordeal trying to get her out, the back chambers are matchbox size. I put some netting to stop her from jumping but one day I couldn't find her. :(

No, just 2 sexy shrimp. I had one neon goby for a few months, she used to jump into the back chambers and it would be a huge ordeal trying to get her out, the back chambers are matchbox size. I put some netting to stop her from jumping but one day I couldn't find her. :(

Oh... :(

Archived