inTank Media Baskets

Kat's Tea Party Under the Tree - Retired

metrokat

• Replies 796
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tanks looking good- I never had the discipline to run multiple tanks- looks like you have it down. Xenia- is growing out of control in mine- I really don't care for it either- gonna have to address it soon!

Tanks looking good- I never had the discipline to run multiple tanks- looks like you have it down. Xenia- is growing out of control in mine- I really don't care for it either- gonna have to address it soon!

Thanks. Still a lot left to do in this tank. Maybe this long weekend I'm going to try to frag the cloves and glue them to the tree.

Xenia is easy to remove if you don't tear it.

Thanks. Still a lot left to do in this tank. Maybe this long weekend I'm going to try to frag the cloves and glue them to the tree.

Xenia is easy to remove if you don't tear it.

What's your best method of removal tweezers? Gently pry it up and peel back?

What's your best method of removal tweezers? Gently pry it up and peel back?

I've been able to peel them back with my fingers better than with tweezers. They're slimy so it takes a bit of practice but they pell off without leaving bits behind and without getting too terribly pissed off.

I've been able to peel them back with my fingers better than with tweezers. They're slimy so it takes a bit of practice but they pell off without leaving bits behind and without getting too terribly pissed off.

Alright! Sounds good I will start pruning after this weekend and my trip to MACNA! Looking for a good purple Monti Cap frag

So the last day to add livestock to this tank for the competition is Sept 10th which is just around the corner. The plan is that if the clove grafts don't take off, the GSP makes it's way to the branches and the bottom gets covered with the sand. This way the GSP that I need is already in the tank and is not a new purchase.

Thoughts? Suggestions?

So the last day to add livestock to this tank for the competition is Sept 10th which is just around the corner. The plan is that if the clove grafts don't take off, the GSP makes it's way to the branches and the bottom gets covered with the sand. This way the GSP that I need is already in the tank and is not a new purchase.

Thoughts? Suggestions?

I think that's a great idea. Maybe even go that route anyways? I'd use black sand, though, because it's kind of the color of soil. That or mix some black and regular sand.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived