Coral Vue Hydros

Help with purchasing Zoanthids

aviator300

My 7 gal tank is over 3 months up and running. It's had a CUC since week 3 and has several coral frags.

I'm new at this hobby and have purchased the coral at LFS's. Sometimes the merchants know what they are and sometimes they only know the general class, but not the specific type.

I have been researching online merchants and reading posts and polls about things like "where do you get your corals" but a lot of the info and opinions are from as far back as 2005 and a lot of the merchants they recommend are outdated.

Anyway, my interest seems to be focused on quality Zoanthid frags but my wife has put me on a pretty tight reef budget.

I like the idea of buying online and knowing exactly what your buying so Could I get some insight on a good reputable online vendor of Zoanthids who sells quality corals at a reasonable price. Someone you have dealt with and are happy with.

It would be great if they were a sponsor on the forum also. I really need some recent input. Thanks very much.

Legendary has some nice zoa packs. Planet zoa is a real good place to get some deals. But if you want some good deals and a chance to get knowledge hit up the livestock classifieds. I just bought some from Claya and have more lined up with other members and that's a great way to add more corals without destroying a wallet.

It sounds like one of my zoa frag packs would be a good fit for what you're looking for. You definitely get a lot of "bang for your buck". Here's a link to a feedback thread from those that bought zoa packs from me a couple of weeks ago http://www.nano-reef.com/topic/344138-official-feedback-thread-for-cga/

I also cut over 30 frags of some higher end zoas earlier today, and plan to cut at least that many more tomorrow. If you're interested in a pack, or need anymore info feel free to PM me :). I'm sure I could put together something for you.

Archived