Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Biocube retro post install issues....

laurastine

SO I got my nano Retro for biocube 14 in, and finally was able to sit down and test it before gutting the old hood and installing. Initial test everything worked fine..... in fact nearly blinded myself with the lights. But once I got everything in the hood, and turned it on.. it doesnt seem to be nearly as bright. (like doesnt even light the tank on 100%)
I took the hood back off, double checked the wires to make sure I didnt pull anything loose, but all still connected fine.
I am guessing I have it hooked up correctly.. as I have no idea which way the plug is supposed to be plugged in on storm controller I can guess which pins by the manual I found online, but I can turn the plug 4 different ways and none seem to make a difference in brightness, just some of the lights dont come on at all, or all come on dimly. :unsure:
I know it worked out of the box, the fan is running and the lights come on, just about 1/4 of the britghness. Maybe Im just looking at it wrong, but does anyone have a pic of how Its supposed to be plugged in that they can share? I will prob end up sending Dave an email if I dont get this figured out tonight, but its easter wknd, and I dont want to bother him if its something simple.

Shoot me an email Laura. You should have received the manual on the email last week?

I was in a wedding this weekend so needless to say time was spent. I will send over another email today after church!

-Dave

Wow, Thanks Dave, I was trying to avoid bugging you on the holiday for somehting, I am sure of, is simply a bad connection. I will check my email, later today. Enjoy your Easter holiday =)

Laura,

You can always email. In fact it is much easier for me! You guys are never bugging me, you bought something from me and I want to make sure your 100% happy with it.

-Dave

Thanks, I think it was more of a pride thing really. lol I wanted to figure it out on my own...... and I know it worked when I took it out of box, So Im almost positve I pulled a connection loose somewhere installing it in the hood. Didnt feel anything loose when I double checked it, so i want to make sure I got the plug in the right way. Thanks again, I really hated to bother you on Easter wknd.

Laura, I had a similar issue when installing my system on my BC29, but it turned out that I didn't have the plug going to the storm controller all the way in. If you look at the plug, you will see one side of the four has 2 exposed pieces of metal, and if you look closer at that, you will see the numbers 1 and 2 scratched into the plug. You will want to make sure that the 1 and 2 are on top and that you are plugging it into channels 1 and 2 on the controller.

I had a few issues with my install, but Dave was very supportive throughout the entire process.

I will be posting my install thread, with pictures, shortly. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

Ok Thanks. I was wondering which way to turn the plug, I think on the first try I happened to get it right. Let me try make sure I am going in right way and see how that works. Dave has been very supportive, I just was trying not to bombard him with emails when usually I can figure these things out on my own.... but that plug had me stumped. lol

OMG! yep ... thats what it was.. damn near blinded me this time when I plugged it in!! lmao! I feel so silly... I thought I had it in that way... but I guess it wasnt sitting in there right.. either I missed a pin or something. Thanks!!

Ok Thanks. I was wondering which way to turn the plug, I think on the first try I happened to get it right. Let me try make sure I am going in right way and see how that works. Dave has been very supportive, I just was trying not to bombard him with emails when usually I can figure these things out on my own.... but that plug had me stumped. lol

OMG! yep ... thats what it was.. damn near blinded me this time when I plugged it in!! lmao! I feel so silly... I thought I had it in that way... but I guess it wasnt sitting in there right.. either I missed a pin or something. Thanks!!

Awesome, glad that helped. I too felt bad for bugging Dave with so many questions, fortunately, he stands behind his product and was available for guidance when needed.

Dave, sent you an email about some questions I still have

Not trying to intrude, but is there anything I may be able to help with?

• 2 weeks later...
laurastine

Woo Hooo!! Got my hood back installed on the tank last night!! Had a few kinks, but ended up sending my hood back to Dave to look at, and the even with shipping days, got it back in less than a week!!! Turns out one of the cables was faulty. (no fault to Dave on that one), but he was quick to help diagnose and fix the problem! Got it installed, and Loving the colors I am starting to see in my corals that I didnt know were there before.
I want to take and post pics, but I think some new rock arrangements are in order to better place the new corals I am sure I will be getting soon. I do have a question I plan on going to troll the forums for an answer, but for those who have a "Nano box" without the lunar moon phase dedicated setting, DO you leave the lights "night mode" on all night? or do you allow some down time at night? I've read different things from varying people.. so is there a definite answer to "night mode" on or off all night??

netsecpro
Woo Hooo!! Got my hood back installed on the tank last night!! Had a few kinks, but ended up sending my hood back to Dave to look at, and the even with shipping days, got it back in less than a week!!! Turns out one of the cables was faulty. (no fault to Dave on that one), but he was quick to help diagnose and fix the problem! Got it installed, and Loving the colors I am starting to see in my corals that I didnt know were there before.

I want to take and post pics, but I think some new rock arrangements are in order to better place the new corals I am sure I will be getting soon. I do have a question I plan on going to troll the forums for an answer, but for those who have a "Nano box" without the lunar moon phase dedicated setting, DO you leave the lights "night mode" on all night? or do you allow some down time at night? I've read different things from varying people.. so is there a definite answer to "night mode" on or off all night??

I have my PWM night set to channel 1 white set to 0, and channel 2 blue set to one during the night.

DaveFason

Agreed, set to 001 or just leave it off. You can also extend your ramp time on the blue channel to make it last later in the night.

Thanks Laura!

Archived