Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

What type of stand will support a fully rimless aquarium?

xlzerolx

Hello,

I'm making a decision on purchasing a fully rimless aquarium. I was planning on a DIY aquarium stand but I want to make sure I have the right design before I go ahead. I've only ever used bottom and top rimmed tanks where the bottom rim elevates the bottom pane. The types of stand I've always used with these are the "perimeter" type, where only the edges of the tank are supported by the frame.

Will this type of perimeter stand work for a rimless tank where the bottom is not elevated by a plastic frame?

Or does the entire bottom of a rimless tank have to touch a flat surface.

the dimensions of the tanks are 24" W x 25"D x 12" H

I did a search and didn't come up with anything.

Thanks

Hello,

I'm making a decision on purchasing a fully rimless aquarium. I was planning on a DIY aquarium stand but I want to make sure I have the right design before I go ahead. I've only ever used bottom and top rimmed tanks where the bottom rim elevates the bottom pane. The types of stand I've always used with these are the "perimeter" type, where only the edges of the tank are supported by the frame.

Will this type of perimeter stand work for a rimless tank where the bottom is not elevated by a plastic frame?

Or does the entire bottom of a rimless tank have to touch a flat surface.

the dimensions of the tanks are 24" W x 25"D x 12" H

I did a search and didn't come up with anything.

Thanks

I'm pretty sure you want a full flat surface. A lot of the tank builders also recommend a closed cell foam mat under a rimless tank. I haven't seen any specific recommendations of mat thickness but Mr Aqua has a few and so do ADA.

Archived