Innovative Marine Aquariums

Help me with 4 mp10wes set up?

TheKleinReef

TheKleinReef

here's the arrangement.

13929791704_e1a53e1afa.jpg

image by xMrKleinReef, on Flickr

i'm having trouble getting everything synced up. anybody have any advice.

currently i reset everything and all 4 are running constant mode. (i'd like to change that)

i got the left 2 pumps to sync, and the right 2 pumps to sync. but the two halves of the tank were not in sync.

gotcha... I only have one MP10 so I haven't had to deal with this situation yet. I'm sure somebody will chime in with some advice. If not call up ecotech, their customer service is stellar.

jedimasterben

This is the manual you want, not the quick start: http://ecotechmarine.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/FULLMANUAL_Revision1.21.pdf

Do this:

Clear driver memory (hold mode/set, hold mode, hold set) on all four.

Put all of them into sync mode (hold mode/set).

Assign the far left as master (press mode, will blink green/blue).

Assign the remaining three as slave (press set, will blink blue and yellow).

Hold mode on the now master, this will save all settings and all will restart all pumps. They will be synchronized.

Switch the master to Tidal Swell Mode (pink).

The master will be pink, all the remaining three will probably be orange. Leave the rightmost pump as orange (this means opposite side of tank to master), press mode on the two on the back wall to change them to 'back of tank', the driver color will be teal.

Boom goes the dynamite.

TheKleinReef

This is the manual you want, not the quick start: http://ecotechmarine.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/FULLMANUAL_Revision1.21.pdf

Do this:

Hold mode on the now master, this will save all settings and all will restart all pumps. They will be synchronized.

The master will be pink, all the remaining three will probably be orange. Leave the rightmost pump as orange (this means opposite side of tank to master), press mode on the two on the back wall to change them to 'back of tank', the driver color will be teal.

Boom goes the dynamite.

ahhhh. thanks! :D gonna try that now

jedimasterben

And the 'back of tank' for the two will only work in the two pink modes, Tidal Swell and Nutrient Transport, but really those are the only two that are useful, besides long pulse for making gyres. To get NTM to work properly, turn off the two on the back of the tank (either pull their power or push the power button once on them, will shut only them off), then switch to Short Pulse Mode (blue), and then turn the master pump to maximum speed, push set, and then adjust the pulse frequency to whatever makes the biggest wave (usually the first or second dot). Once you find the right setting, hold set until the pump flashes, and this will save that wave setting for not only Short Pulse Mode, but also Nutrient Transport. Then flip the back pumps back on and switch to TSM or NTM.

:)

TheKleinReef

And the 'back of tank' for the two will only work in the two pink modes, Tidal Swell and Nutrient Transport, but really those are the only two that are useful, besides long pulse for making gyres. To get NTM to work properly, turn off the two on the back of the tank (either pull their power or push the power button once on them, will shut only them off), then switch to Short Pulse Mode (blue), and then turn the master pump to maximum speed, push set, and then adjust the pulse frequency to whatever makes the biggest wave (usually the first or second dot). Once you find the right setting, hold set until the pump flashes, and this will save that wave setting for not only Short Pulse Mode, but also Nutrient Transport. Then flip the back pumps back on and switch to TSM or NTM.

:)

why can i only adjust all but one of the slaves?

i think i'm doing something wrong. i thought the 2 slaves (white) would follow the master's intensity. but right now i can adjust the master (pink) the opposite wall (orange) and one of the slaves (white)...

:huh:

frankdontsurf

Do this:

Boom goes the dynamite.

You're a G.

jedimasterben

You can't adjust any slaves, only the master. The master controls everything - mode and maximum speed, and it just tells the other pumps what they need to do.

If the slave pumps are set to white, they are synced with the master. If they are set to orange, they are opposite to master, antisync. If they are set to teal, they are in 'back of tank mode' for Ecosmart modes (TSM and NTM).

EDIT: You can assign a 'local maximum' to any slave pump, this will set the pump's 100% to something less, so if you change it to 50% maximum, if the master tells the slave to hit 100%, it will only hit the 50% maximum that you set to it, but I don't think that is what you want to do, Roger.

TheKleinReef

You can't adjust any slaves, only the master. The master controls everything - mode and maximum speed, and it just tells the other pumps what they need to do.

If the slave pumps are set to white, they are synced with the master. If they are set to orange, they are opposite to master, antisync. If they are set to teal, they are in 'back of tank mode' for Ecosmart modes (TSM and NTM).

the driver is white, but if i turn the knob the led light moves with it....

jedimasterben

Interesting. You're either a magician or there was a firmware revision of the controller that allows changing it lol. I would leave them at maximum and let the master have control of the speed.

TheKleinReef

Interesting. You're either a magician or there was a firmware revision of the controller that allows changing it lol. I would leave them at maximum and let the master have control of the speed.

maybe i should call ecotech... its the same driver that has the colors just a shade off. maybe its bugged.

any reason why i can adjust the orange one too. the antisync pump.

jedimasterben

Nah, the colors are just off on some of the controllers, probably just different brands of LEDs used over the years.

No clue why you can adjust them, but if they're working properly otherwise, then they're ok. You can check the firmware of them, but I haven't run into but one out of the eight Vortech pumps I've owned that didn't have the latest firmware, and it was an original Ecosmart controller.

Archived