ReefCleaners.org

1.5 gallon pico *New Tank*

edd29

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A few things happened this month, but made the best of it. I left for vacation and had a friend stop by everyday to top off the tank. When I came back I noticed my light was off in the middle of the afternoon. Sure enough my bulb went out. I called my friend to ask how many days she noticed it was off, she said two. She thought it was on timer to be off during the day. Of course some corals began to pale especially the mystic sunset and purple haze monti. I called every local reef store to see if I can buy a par38/30 bulb just to get some light on it. No one had anything for sale. I called Living Reef Orlando and told them about my situation, so they said to come by and borrow one of theirs they use to frag corals. They saved my tank, so big shout out to them for helping me out! They have let me borrow for a good two weeks to figure out my next purchase. They been extremely generous to allow me to do that. This is why I continue to buy coral there (besides the extremely clean store they have). Sadly after a week the purple haze didn't recover, but thankfully the mystic sunset is still recovering.

A couple days ago my pink birdsnest that started paling at the bottom, next thing you know it was pale half way up. I started looking at the cause and all I can find was that it could be RTN (recessive tissue narcosis). I tried everything, with no avail. Within one day it was gone... crazy. :wacko:

Hopefully that is the end off my bad luck for a while.

For the good news, I added a couple more corals to the tank. I also transferred everything to my DIY glass tank. It is 1.5 gallons. I'm sure you're wondering whats the point. Well I wanted to give a bit more room for the SPS to grow, also wanted to get rid of the little dome the glass had on all sides. It made it impossible to clean the glass and plus I love the cube look as well. B)

So here's the pictures, I think I am finally getting the hang on how to take pictures. Aperture is key it seems.

14872547807_ae74cedd1b_z.jpg

15036088166_b499af9a62_z.jpg

15059093035_eb636d5d1a_z.jpg 14872549987_a80a9f0084_z.jpg

14872551817_2e0d492bd6_z.jpg

14872425040_cc98683e3c_z.jpg

14872425990_b0a3350b67_z.jpg

That's a really neat pico tank. Love the rock scape for such a small estate. What is that red coral with white tentacles and the one in the back wall?

That's a really neat pico tank. Love the rock scape for such a small estate. What is that red coral with white tentacles and the one in the back wall?

Thanks! The red coral with white tentacles is a dendro (Flaming Dendrophyllia Head). The one in the back wall is a World Wide Coral Cherry Tree monti.

Thanks! The red coral with white tentacles is a dendro (Flaming Dendrophyllia Head). The one in the back wall is a World Wide Coral Cherry Tree monti.

Thanks. $100 for that piece? wow...it's very beautiful though I can't justify the price.

Forgot to add macro shots that I took with the phone. For some reason the phone captures different colors compared to my SLR. Still came out pretty cool.

15056079121_bb8bdcba9b_c.jpg

14872539758_440110e31c_c.jpg

15059120085_2d936ce70c_c.jpg

Those acans though !!! So wicked man.

I recently got another one. Haha I'm starting to like them more and more. So hard to find single head of acans. I was very close to buying one more yesterday at Top Shelf, but I resisted lol

Archived