Pod Your Reef

in tank media basket

arm0211

I have a BC29 and have had it running for about 6 months, I am looking to swap out the media... I currently have the Chemi Pure Elite and the Purigen.. I know thats recommended but would y'all consider running carbon as well as a supplement or swap the chemi pure elite with activated carbon? I didn't do much research when i bought it initially but i knew enough ( ditch the bioballs and get an in tank media basket lol)

any advice or experiences from similar experience is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Alex

I have a BC29 and have had it running for about 6 months, I am looking to swap out the media... I currently have the Chemi Pure Elite and the Purigen.. I know thats recommended but would y'all consider running carbon as well as a supplement or swap the chemi pure elite with activated carbon? I didn't do much research when i bought it initially but i knew enough ( ditch the bioballs and get an in tank media basket lol)

any advice or experiences from similar experience is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Alex

I think (IIRC) CPE is basically Purigen and Carbon. CPE is very convenient but often part of the contents will run out before the other so to remain effective you have to change it more often. When I had a BC29 I bought the Purigen and carbon and ran them in separate bags in the media basket. You'll need a really fine bag if you do Purigen as the beads are really small.

Chemi pure is goodies including carbon and GFO. IF you want you can mix a bag of carbon and GFO on your own buy buying the ingredients in more of a bulk form. Chemi Pure is very convenient and already comes bagged.

I would still run purigen in the middle and filter floss on top.

Chemi pure is goodies including carbon and GFO. IF you want you can mix a bag of carbon and GFO on your own buy buying the ingredients in more of a bulk form. Chemi Pure is very convenient and already comes bagged.

I would still run purigen in the middle and filter floss on top.

Thanks for the correction!

Archived