Cultivated Reef

Korallen-Zucht ZEOvit Nano Thread

NanoTopia

jedimasterben

So you should be in the 600-700ppm range now?

Assuming that my levels were near 400ppm before dosing, I should be in the 900ppm range at least (most of the tablespoons I dosed were not level).

Any other changes in the reef worth noting?

Not at this time, everything appears normal.

I missed the intent.

Was the intent to kill stuff in the tank, some pest or something? Like Tech M, high Mg, kills bryopsis.

Potassium Chloride is toxic in high levels. All of us know that right?

4 in humans is perfect. 8 in humans is not compatible with life.

jedimasterben

There was really no data available to what happens when raising K by large amounts (was originally calculating for 100ppm, but obviously messed that up lol). All in all, not really that bad for what corals I've got.

• 2 weeks later...

I started the conversion to zeovit on 26 October. While waiting on my reactor I started my zeolite media running passively. now that my reactor has arrived would you maintain the standard 3h on/off schedule or skip this routine?

Also this thread has been excellent and really filled in a lot of missing holes that just weren't always clear from reading the PDF and Zeo forums. So thanks a lot!

I started the conversion to zeovit on 26 October. While waiting on my reactor I started my zeolite media running passively. now that my reactor has arrived would you maintain the standard 3h on/off schedule or skip this routine?

Also this thread has been excellent and really filled in a lot of missing holes that just weren't always clear from reading the PDF and Zeo forums. So thanks a lot!

Stay with the 3 on/off for at least a month.

Thoughts on the ZEOvit automatic elements, and which may be beneficial for a nano (typical non-zeo, skimmer less) ?

I actually have not tried them but feel pretty confident they are not all that suitable for a nano tank. I suggest hand dosing.

I also believe in dosing these elements based on the corals appearance and not on a fixed schedule for weeks on end. Just throwing a cube of iodine for example in your sump and forgetting about it will most certainly lead to trouble eventually. There have not been any reviews of these products from users I know of. The question of where the carrier or binding product goes as it dissolves has also been questioned, most assume it would be skimmed out so a skimmer might be a good idea when using these products.

I have many questions regarding these auto elements, one is what determines or affects the dissolve rate of these cubes? Flow rate, water pH levels, salinity, something else?

I'm sticking to the blue bottles for now :)

• Like 1

Thanks for the input Christine :)

I was looking for reviews initially, and couldn't really find any! For my next build I was thinking more simple and not really dosing, but you know us reefers... Can't stop tinkering away! Ya it does seem a little too good to be true though.

Good thinking of the binding products being dissolved. It does have to go somewhere.

• Like 1

Tried a free sample of zeozym and my tank seems to respond really well to it. Besides shaking it up a lil every hour for eight hours, I think I will be picking some of this up nxt time im at the lfs.

• Like 1
  • 5 weeks later...

Hey guys,

Just started looking into Zeovit products to get some more colors for some SPS I have started adding to my tank. I do not plan on going with a Zeovit system just dosing some of the products. Is this a waste of time and money? If not what products do you recommend? I was just looking at Sponge Power and Coral Vitalizer. I thought why not ask the experts!?

• Like 1

Hey guys,

Just started looking into Zeovit products to get some more colors for some SPS I have started adding to my tank. I do not plan on going with a Zeovit system just dosing some of the products. Is this a waste of time and money? If not what products do you recommend? I was just looking at Sponge Power and Coral Vitalizer. I thought why not ask the experts!?

I say,along with what Christine will probably say,if you're going to only dose some,I wouldn't bother unless you're going FULL BLOWN Zeo.

If you do decide to go ZEO,let me know I've got some left over supplements you can try instead of buy them new.

• Like 1

I say,along with what Christine will probably say,if you're going to only dose some,I wouldn't bother unless you're going FULL BLOWN Zeo.

If you do decide to go ZEO,let me know I've got some left over supplements you can try instead of buy them new.

What would you consider "Full Blown Zeo"? I am not opposed to it. Really just not looking to spend a fortune to give it a try and seems like, at least the initial investment in additives, is expensive.

Full blown would be zeo reactor and stones,and just about all the supplements lol. ZS3,Coral Snow,Zeo Food 7,K-Balance,B-Balance,ZeoBak,Phols Xtra,Coral Vital,Cyano Clean ect ect oh and a beastly ass skimmer lol. Also of course,iron,strontium suppy too lol.

Not by any means cheap,lol. I have some ZS3,ZF7,K-balance and B-balance,ZeoBak if you ever wanna try them.

Full blown would be zeo reactor and stones,and just about all the supplements lol. ZS3,Coral Snow,Zeo Food 7,K-Balance,B-Balance,ZeoBak,Phols Xtra,Coral Vital,Cyano Clean ect ect oh and a beastly ass skimmer lol.

Not by any means cheap,lol.

Ya, that's what I thought. Too much for such a small system that I have. Probably give the nano pack a try and see what kinda results I get. Any other items I should try in addition to those for a partial setup?
  • Like 1

Hey guys,

Hey NF,

You could try Phol's Xtra (regular) and Sponge Power, these two products will be great for any reef. If you have Acropora sp. you might also consider Coral Vitalizer. Check out the first post in this thread, it has some useful links that explain these products and more. :)

I'm pretty excited, I've gotten to a point now where Zeo additives are looking like they'll start to be useful on my pico. I haven't tried anything ZEOvit related for about 3 years, there are a few new cool bottles I see now :D

• Like 1

Hey NF,

You could try Phol's Xtra (regular) and Sponge Power, these two products will be great for any reef. If you have Acropora sp. you might also consider Coral Vitalizer. Check out the first post in this thread, it has some useful links that explain these products and more. :)

Thanks! I will def give that a try and check out the links!

• Like 1

I still think that using a $34 TLF phosban reactor would be a great Zeo Reactor for ANY smaller Zeo nanos and picos.

Its self standing. Doesnt need a sump. Can go in a sump. Hangs on the back.

And small enough to give it a shake manually.

Theres really no excuse to omit one of the most important parts of the system.

Sure, all the little cobalt bottles are attractive, but the heavy lifting muscle of the system are the zeolites. Well proven at adsorbing ammonia and ammonium.

I still think that using a $34 TLF phosban reactor would be a great Zeo Reactor for ANY smaller Zeo nanos and picos.

Sure, all the little cobalt bottles are attractive, but the heavy lifting muscle of the system are the zeolites. Well proven at adsorbing ammonia and ammonium.

I am actually looking into it further. Gonna mess around with the nano pack for awhile and once the holidays are over I might breakdown and get the reactor if I see that it's worth it for my sps.

I've always said to use a 150 as a reactor,but Christine always advised other wise. But,it could work just as well,really. It beats paying $100-$200+ for a reactors.

The Nano Power Pack is nothing more than food essentially. Phols is REALLY good for getting some extra color out of corals.

I've always said to use a 150 as a reactor,but Christine always advised other wise. But,it could work just as well,really. It beats paying $100-$200+ for a reactors.

The Nano Power Pack is nothing more than food essentially. Phols is REALLY good for getting some extra color out of corals.

Ya at this point that's all I was looking to do. If I start getting nice colors and notice any type of positive enhancements I might try a full blown zeo system.

I paid more for my CPR nano reactor. I'm using it for GFO at the moment, plus I've used it with bio-pellets as well. I have it in the 1st chamber of my BC29 and it fits perfectly.

I'm seriously considering using the zeolites in it. My plan is to put it on a timer for a 3 hour ON/OFF cycle. The pump is adjustable to 90gph.