Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Korallen-Zucht ZEOvit Nano Thread

NanoTopia

How long has it been soaking and is the test kit you are using capable of measuring PO4 in freshwater?

It soaked for a total of 5 days, without changing any of the water. I did not have a powerhead, it was purely just sitting in water. I used a Hanna HI713, which I believe is good for both fresh and marine.

• Like 1

How long has it been soaking and is the test kit you are using capable of measuring PO4 in freshwater?

Was just gonna ask the same thing.

Thanks for the information everyone. Last night, I did a water test on the RODI that the "reef bones" have been soaking in a PO4 was undetectable. Am I missing something here? Is it possible I got good quality dry rock that is not leaching any PO4? For now, I am planning on starting to play with the rock to come up with a nice solid scape, while my aragonite soaks in RODI for a couple days, and then move from there.

I am going to assume it has not soaked long enough more is always better... I remember reading once that Salifert PO4 test does not do too well in RO water, but I don't know for sure.

I would do another 100% water change and keep it going for as long as you can.

Also not sure if you have been told this or thought of this, but to rinse the aragonite or do a water change on that too an old pillowcase works great, pour it into the pillowcase and rinse and drain it with more RO/DI water.

Was just gonna ask the same thing.

I am going to assume it has not soaked long enough more is always better... I remember reading once that Salifert PO4 test does not do too well in RO water, but I don't know for sure.

I would do another 100% water change and keep it going for as long as you can.

Also not sure if you have been told this or thought of this, but to rinse the aragonite or do a water change on that too an old pillowcase works great, pour it into the pillowcase and rinse and drain it with more RO/DI water.

Thanks AJ. I hadn't really thoguht about how to go about it yet, but that is a great idea.

• Like 1

Just had another idea. Once I get my scape all put together with epoxy, maybe I will do another soak then. This probably isn't a bad idea, just in case the epoxy leaches PO4.

Started testing ZeoZym last night.

I like what it does.

Tried on my Zeo and non Zeo 40s. Works in both. I suspected that as stated its an enzyme of some sort, which work best on full sized proteins, to denature them. I assume AAs and peptides as well.

I tested it with a super charged high protein feeding. 2 Mysis cubes, 2 brine shrimp cubes, 3 small scoop of Reef Chile, 1 Scoop of TLF PhytoPlan, 1 scoop of TLF ZoPlan 10ml of TLF Acropower, 10ml TLF Marine Snow.

I had acros with inny polyps become really outty last night, normally PE corals doubled in PE, mesenterials all over got me kinda worried even., I need to get a time lapse camera vid next time I do this, I swear my blue torts grew overnight.

And my skimmer foam was amazing, in both systems. A different kind of bubbles, larger, shinier and "stickier" if you will.

• Like 2

Started testing ZeoZym last night.

I like what it does.

Tried on my Zeo and non Zeo 40s. Works in both. I suspected that as stated its an enzyme of some sort, which work best on full sized proteins, to denature them. I assume AAs and peptides as well.

I tested it with a super charged high protein feeding. 2 Mysis cubes, 2 brine shrimp cubes, 3 small scoop of Reef Chile, 1 Scoop of TLF PhytoPlan, 1 scoop of TLF OtherPlanWhatever, 10ml of TLF Acropower, 10ml TLF Marine Snow.

I had acros with inny polyps become really outty last night, normally PE corals doubled in PE, mesenterials all over got me kinda worried even., I need to get a time lapse camera vid next time I do this, I swear my blue torts grew overnight.

And my skimmer foam was amazing, in both systems. A different kind of bubbles, larger, shinier and "stickier" if you will.

Its a phenomenal product. I usually do a very heavy feeding a few hours before adding ZZ. I let my ZZ mix with a few drops of Zeobak for at least 8 hours. Needless to say, I leave my skimmer off for the rest of the night.

• Like 1

Watch "VERTEX ZeoVit Reactor Auto DeMulming Test" on YouTube

VERTEX Auto DeMulming Test:

As NT predicted 991gph is just not enough to bounce the stones.

Sicce pumps are on sale at 20% off, may just get a Sicce 5 at almost 1400gph.

Anymore pressure and it risks blowing Vertex lid off.

Check valve is semi fail, check valve upside down, the Eheim reactor pump is not strong enough to shut flapper.

Getting closer though. I would prefer the Sicce in this system anyway.

Its a phenomenal product. I usually do a very heavy feeding a few hours before adding ZZ. I let my ZZ mix with a few drops of Zeobak for at least 8 hours. Needless to say, I leave my skimmer off for the rest of the night.

If its an enzyme, I dont understand the adding of the ZeoBak. Do we know that ZeoBak bacteria are resistant to the enzyme?

Also is there any reason not to add directly to the skimmer?

I had a question for those of your running full Zeovit systems, or whoever else wants to chime in. How long can one realistically leave a full Zeo tank if you are away from home. Assuming you can dose the basics via a doser.

If its an enzyme, I dont understand the adding of the ZeoBak. Do we know that ZeoBak bacteria are resistant to the enzyme? Also is there any reason not to add directly to the skimmer?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enzyme

Do not add to the skimmer. Turn skimmer off for 2 hours post dose.

I had a question for those of your running full Zeovit systems, or whoever else wants to chime in. How long can one realistically leave a full Zeo tank if you are away from home. Assuming you can dose the basics via a doser.

Approximately a week.

• Like 1

So lets talk dosers for a sec. I am considering adding a dosing system of some sort for stability. I have an Apex system and I am torn between a Dosing unit that is standalone, a dosing unit that can be controlled by Apex, or a EB4 and 4 BRS Dosers fully controlled by Apex.

I would want to be dosing CA, Alk, Mg, and Start3 so 4 Pumps are a must.

What do you guys thing what are you using etc. etc.

So lets talk dosers for a sec. I am considering adding a dosing system of some sort for stability. I have an Apex system and I am torn between a Dosing unit that is standalone, a dosing unit that can be controlled by Apex, or a EB4 and 4 BRS Dosers fully controlled by Apex.

I would want to be dosing CA, Alk, Mg, and Start3 so 4 Pumps are a must.

What do you guys thing what are you using etc. etc.

If you use BRS pumps your will also use 4 plugs on an EB8. The indivitual pump draw may not be enough to activate outlets with "super-silent solid-state triacs" 1-3, 5-7 so that would mean you need 2 EB8 that would give you 2 x outlet 4, and 2 x outlet 8 that are "high-current mechanical relays". Maybe someone knows first hand if the draw on the BRS pumps are enough to run on the solid state triacs. I know I can't run small pumps on mine.

I am using a Profilux stand alone 4 pump for two years with no issues.

So with the EB4 all outlets are mechanical relay but this stage adds cost.

• Like 1

If you use BRS pumps your will also use 4 plugs on an EB8. The indivitual pump draw may not be enough to activate outlets with "super-silent solid-state triacs" 1-3, 5-7 so that would mean you need 2 EB8 that would give you 2 x outlet 4, and 2 x outlet 8 that are "high-current mechanical relays". Maybe someone knows first hand if the draw on the BRS pumps are enough to run on the solid state triacs. I know I can't run small pumps on mine.

I am using a Profilux stand alone 4 pump for two years with no issues.

So with the EB4 all outlets are mechanical relay but this stage adds cost.

I would need to get an EB 4 anyways specifically for this as almost all the plugs on my EB 8 are used...

Do you have your APEX doing anything for the Profilux unit or is it just running on its own? Like shut down all dosing at a certain PH or ORP stuff like that?

Im waiting on to see what DA is going to do with their integrated dosing pumps.

If not those, Im thinking the Pacific Sun Kore5.

I assume the DA version would only integrate with DA controllers? I wonder if Neptune will ever make dosers for the APEX

• Like 2

I would need to get an EB 4 anyways specifically for this as almost all the plugs on my EB 8 are used...

Do you have your APEX doing anything for the Profilux unit or is it just running on its own? Like shut down all dosing at a certain PH or ORP stuff like that?

The Profilux is using a dedicated outlet on the EB8. I have programmed my Apex to turn off certain outlets and leave some on in the event of a power failure using the "If power Apex" command, and power off in the event ALD detects a leak. No other programming necessary really, the Profilux does the rest. I like the stand alone because it is more tidy and compact compared to having 4 separate dosers and all the wires that come with.

• Like 2

Pacific Sun has upgraded the Kore 5th with not only ATO, but AWC.

Interesting.

Theres no real place near my display tanks for a large enough NaCl water tank, for this to work "auto".

Pacific Sun has upgraded the Kore 5th with not only ATO, but AWC.

Interesting.

Theres no real place near my display tanks for a large enough NaCl water tank, for this to work "auto".

got a basement? drill a hole in the floor and store water down there heh. Those peri pumps got the head covered ez

also the pac sun stuff is awesome looking and I almost bought a hyperion s for my tank still keeping an eye on em.

Hi guys,

I have been running my zeovit tank for about 2.5 months now and everything is growing great and is coloring up very nicely. Below is my schedule of dosing. Can anyone comment on if dosages look good. I have a total water volume of about 73 gallons.

https://flic.kr/p/oNdi7A'>14962806626_4030035006.jpghttps://flic.kr/p/oNdi7A'>Screen Shot 2014-08-20 at 9.28.00 PM by https://www.flickr.com/people/57759011@N02/'>yman182, on Flickr

Thank You,

Yury

got a basement? drill a hole in the floor and store water down there heh. Those peri pumps got the head covered ez

also the pac sun stuff is awesome looking and I almost bought a hyperion s for my tank still keeping an eye on em.

Its funny, even with a California'esq name, we dont hear much about their products.

Looks like quality built stuff.

Nice looking light fixtures.

• Like 1

Hi guys,

I have been running my zeovit tank for about 2.5 months now and everything is growing great and is coloring up very nicely. Below is my schedule of dosing. Can anyone comment on if dosages look good. I have a total water volume of about 73 gallons.

14962806626_4030035006.jpgScreen Shot 2014-08-20 at 9.28.00 PM by yman182, on Flickr

Thank You,

Yury

Hi Yury,

How many mL of stones are you using and what is your flow through the reactor?

What are your nutrient levels (PO4/NO3) and is coral tissue light/dark/mixed light-dark?

It might be better to dose Biomate on days you are not dosing Zeobak. You should dose 3 drops Zeobak twice a week and 3 drops Biomate twice a week only.

Dose ZeoStart3 0.3mL x 2 daily (AM/PM).

Sponge Power 3 drops, 3 x weekly.

BB 3mL, 2 x weekly.

Xtra 3mL, 2 x weekly. (can increase if corals become too pale).

AAHC 2 drops, 2 x weekly. (can increase if corals become too pale).

KB 3mL, 1 x weekly (or based on test results, maintain 400ppm K).

Stylo-Pocci 3 drops, 2 x weekly.

Less is more with ZEOvit :)

• Like 1

Hi Yury,

How many mL of stones are you using and what is your flow through the reactor?

What are your nutrient levels (PO4/NO3) and is coral tissue light/dark/mixed light-dark?

It might be better to dose Biomate on days you are not dosing Zeobak. You should dose 3 drops Zeobak twice a week and 3 drops Biomate twice a week only.

Dose ZeoStart3 0.3mL x 2 daily (AM/PM).

Sponge Power 3 drops, 3 x weekly.

BB 3mL, 2 x weekly.

Xtra 3mL, 2 x weekly. (can increase if corals become too pale).

AAHC 2 drops, 2 x weekly. (can increase if corals become too pale).

KB 3mL, 1 x weekly (or based on test results, maintain 400ppm K).

Stylo-Pocci 3 drops, 2 x weekly.

Less is more with ZEOvit :)

I have about 750ml of Stones

NO3 is about .25-undetectable

PO4 is about .03.-.04

Coral tissues is mixed. I think they look good I have ared monti cap that is a little more pale than before. The rest look good.

I have had a small cyano breakout in the last 2 weeks and have been dosing more zeobak and coral snow as that is what I was reading may help it stop.

I have about 750ml of Stones

NO3 is about .25-undetectable

PO4 is about .03.-.04

Coral tissues is mixed. I think they look good I have ared monti cap that is a little more pale than before. The rest look good.

I have had a small cyano breakout in the last 2 weeks and have been dosing more zeobak and coral snow as that is what I was reading may help it stop.

Check your flow, should be 75 US Gallons per hour.

I would hold off dosing Xtra, CV, CB, and AAHC until the nutrients are lower and all corals start to lighten. Stick with the basics, Coral Snow, Biomate, ZEObak, Start3, Stylo-Pocci, KB, BB for now. Do not dose iodine if you are doing so as long as you have cyanobacteria.

Finally figured out my zeovit issue; I changed out my chloramine setup and with in a few weeks my tank is 100% better. I also run 50% of the recommend start3 and found this to be optimal.

So I am dosing B-bal, Xtra, Cv, AAHC along with SP LPSAA, what should be the next product to try to help get colors out of my setup?

Also wanted to say LPSAA has really helped my acans and torch coral perk up.