Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Wiring help: switching from steve's digital drivers to 700hw's

Reefkid88

So I had recently bought a light from a fellow reefer,apon arrival I learned the psu was blown. So I got a new psu and bought some 700hw drivers. That being said I need some help wiring the hw's to my typhon and my psu... I'm a wiring noob :(

Following Questions:

-If I understand this correctly,the blue/green and yellow go to my leds ?

-The red and black go to my psu ?

-Do I use the white ( dim ) wire to connect to my typhon ? And how,don't I need a -/+ ?

-Am I able to twist all my -/+ wires together to connect them to my psu ?

Any help is extremely appreciate !!!

First off, when in doubt, read the datasheets

http://www.meanwell.com/search/LDD-H/default.htm

Yellow (+) and blue (-) go to the LEDs

Red (+) and black (-) go to the power supply

White is your dimming control that will go to DIM+ on the Typhon (make sure the output is 5v and not 10v)

You will need to connect the ground from the LED power supply to the DIM- on the Typhon. You only need to connect one.

Please clarify what you mean by twisting your wires.

First off, when in doubt, read the datasheets

http://www.meanwell.com/search/LDD-H/default.htm

Yellow (+) and blue (-) go to the LEDs

Red (+) and black (-) go to the power supply

White is your dimming control that will go to DIM+ on the Typhon (make sure the output is 5v and not 10v)

You will need to connect the ground from the LED power supply to the DIM- on the Typhon. You only need to connect one.

Please clarify what you mean by twisting your wires.

Yeah after I had posted this,I found the data sheet,of course lol. Thanks for the info !!! I knew where in vOut -/+ and vIN -/+ went it was just trying to incorporate the typhon wires into the whole operation.

As for twisting all the wires together,I was talking about all the wires running from the leds,thru the conduit piping down to the drivers,unless I take te conduit pipin apart and trace every -/+ back to it's correct channel. So I'm guess I won't be able to just connect a -/+ to each driver regardless of the channel because of voltage problems ?

If you don't connect the right pair of positive and negative wires from the LEDs to the driver, it won't light. You shouldn't have to take the conduit apart. Just use the continuity check on your multimeter (which you have, right?) to beep out the wires.

Archived