Top Shelf Aquatics

Clean Up Crew-How Many of each and what?

saltman123

I need to restock my 12 gallon aquapod with clean up crew. I'm down to 1 turbo snail and 1 or 2 blue leg hermits.

Any recommendations on how many snails and hermits, and of what type? Will probably order from Reef Cleaners, or another place online so I can get some other stuff as well.

How many Hermits? I know some say none, but I like them

How many snails, and what type? Turbo's, Astrea, Nassarius, anything else?

Steensj2004

Talk to John at Reefcleaners, he will guide you in the right direction. I love Turbos, but they are large and bulldoze crap in tanks as small as ours. I like Nassarius, Atreas, Banded Trochous,Cerths, Dwarf- Cerths(clean places most CUC can't), hermits, and shrimp.

Talk to John at Reefcleaners, he will guide you in the right direction. I love Turbos, but they are large and bulldoze crap in tanks as small as ours. I like Nassarius, Atreas, Banded Trochous,Cerths, Dwarf- Cerths(clean places most CUC can't), hermits, and shrimp.

Good suggestion, i'm going to reach out to John. I had already decided I was going to get my snails from Reefcleaners, its hard to beat their packages including shipping. Probably grab some hermits locally just to have a few buzzing around.

Are Peppermint shrimp considered a clean up shrimp? Do they play well with cleaner shrimp or sexy shrimp since I'm considering those in the soon future.

Steensj2004

Good suggestion, i'm going to reach out to John. I had already decided I was going to get my snails from Reefcleaners, its hard to beat their packages including shipping. Probably grab some hermits locally just to have a few buzzing around.

Are Peppermint shrimp considered a clean up shrimp? Do they play well with cleaner shrimp or sexy shrimp since I'm considering those in the soon future.

Most shrimp will scavange food and debris from your tank, However, my Sexy Shrimp tend to go after food only when I feed them directly(spoiled brats,lol). You might wanna consider getting your entire CUC from John, crabs, hermits, snails, etc will all be cheaper from him that locally. Besides, shipping won't increase for how much you would be getting anyway(unless you get something that needs overnighted). Shrimp I wouldn't ship though, no real reasoning behind that comment other than I feel they would die easier than most common inverts. you should look into Chitons, had some in my 75, they are machines!

Most shrimp will scavange food and debris from your tank, However, my Sexy Shrimp tend to go after food only when I feed them directly(spoiled brats,lol). You might wanna consider getting your entire CUC from John, crabs, hermits, snails, etc will all be cheaper from him that locally. Besides, shipping won't increase for how much you would be getting anyway(unless you get something that needs overnighted). Shrimp I wouldn't ship though, no real reasoning behind that comment other than I feel they would die easier than most common inverts. you should look into Chitons, had some in my 75, they are machines!

Thanks. I filled out John's questionnaire so he can give me some input on what snail package and crabs to get. Time to stock it back up :)

Archived