SaltCritters.com

Reefbreeders LED Channel settings?

Stormie

I recently got the Reefbreeders Photon series light for my nuvo 16. The features are amazing, but I can't seem to figure out a good channel setting which really makes the colors pop. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to maximize coloration of corals? Currently I have it building throughout the day on the Whites up to around 30 and the Blues all the way up to 80.

if your coral isn't popping at 80/30, then more than likely your coral just isn't going to pop.. what are your water parameters? what coral do you have?

Do you ramp it up slowly? I have mine on a dawn to dusk cycle I think the highest mine is at is 50/30 I had my son set it for me. The only time when the colors really pop is during the night when I have the bare minimum of blue lights. I like the time right before and right after the noon time light.

gulfsurfer101

Nonsense! The photon with ramping capabilities I have to admit is a truly awesome feature but something that doesn't really pertain to me due to my work schedule. Who wants to come home to a blue tank everyday, not me. I'm using the value fixture over the right hand side of my 75g. I have the dials set 80b/40w and any healthy vibrant coral will definitely pop under those settings. Here's a small gif I made of a healthy brain coral using those settings. To me, this is plenty of pop, but that's just a matter of opinion!

http://s1309.photobucket.com/user/gulfsurfer101/media/CM140418-150332051_zpsskkayplq.gif.html'>CM140418-150332051_zpsskkayplq.gif

I guess I'm being unrealistic with coloration expectations. I turned the lights down after reading up on "light acclimation". My corals are all healthy, no bleaching so I'm just gonna play it by sight and wait a while till I try to figure out what lighting intensity I like the most. Thanks guys!

Archived