Innovative Marine Aquariums

Tropi's First 23g Reef Tank - 65g Upgrade in progress

Tropi

A little crowded, but will hopefully be getting a bigger tank in a couple months maybe less. Got a couple new peices of Live rock.

IMG_3834_zps6f4d3293.jpg

Hammer

IMG_3857_zps0a3d4e46.jpg

IMG_3855_zpscf34d43a.jpg

Sand Sifting star fish

IMG_3837_zps35f0f50e.jpg

Xenias not looking to good

IMG_3853_zpsf90e165a.jpg

Newest additions - Torch and a Turbo Snail

IMG_3851_zps2c62a667.jpg

Peppermint Shrimp - him and the turbo were just added a few hours ago

IMG_3842_zps7fd13c8c.jpg

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:( Nemy Junior got sucked into the filter intake, some of his tenticles and mouth was in there for any where up to two and a half hours. I straight away turned everything off, took him out the tank and in a panic removed him from it while in a different container, after some searching I've found out that I should have waited to see if he would come out on his own :(

I've put together a makeshift hospital tub (don't have a QT) I have an air stone running for flow.

I hope he makes it.

Does any one know if their mouths can heal if damaged?

IMG_2317_zpsfb03a9b6.jpg

IMG_2318_zps1b50a448.jpg

• 3 months later...

Hey guys, it's been forever since I updated. The tank has been going well and after waiting 7 weeks for my custom tank and sump to be ready I was finally able to pick it up around a couple of weeks ago :D

The tank is 36x18x24 inches, 40mm hole drilled for the overflow and 25mm for the return.

IMG_3058_zpse5581307.jpg

The holes and the sump they did, since I don't really know much about all that, so I'm hoping nothing is wrong with the way it's been done. The sump is _x14x14 inches, sorry can't remember the length right now.

IMG_3056_zpsc4291c19.jpg

Here's the stand that they strengthened for me but I have been very iffy about using it and as has my dad and some members on ultimate reef, one of which linked me to a youtube video for building your own stand, so I'm scrapping this stand for now and have been having a go at making my own.

IMG_3038_zps9305846a.jpg

Will post pics of where I'm up to on the stand later.

stand progress so far, though I have since found out that using treated wood isn't the best choice so I'm hoping it will still be ok.

the wood all cut, I'm making it 80cm tall

IMG_3082_zps88467e3a.jpg

top and bottom frame

IMG_3093_zps0583139c.jpg

IMG_3108_zpsc8484799.jpg

IMG_3122_zps9565122e.jpg

Here's where I'm up to now, I've got some 12mm marine ply to put on top

IMG_3125_zps8f724cd8.jpg

IMG_3126_zps0b7bdeca.jpg

Awesome build! Can't wait to see how the stand works. It looks like the diy stand that uarujoey posted on his channel.

Thanks and yep, it's from that video, he makes it look so easy :) after a bit of research it looks like a lot of people use the same design and say it's overkill. Figured that was exactly what I wanted, I'm so paranoid about a stand not holding the weight, it's the biggest tank I've ever had :lol:

• 5 months later...

Great tank so far man! Really interesting to ready the ups and downs of your tank. From what I can ready you have a really well cycling tank, good job bro.

Archived