Top Shelf Aquatics

Maxima isnt doing great

malawian

So this Maxima has been on and off since I got it. First it wouldnt open, then it was doing ok for a while, then I thought it had PM (but it didnt), then it was ok, now its gaping!

she likes to throw me for a loop about every 3 days...

This is the first time its gaped at all though and its gotten worse over the last 48 hours or so. I hadnt changed carbon or GFO in a while so i changed those out in case it was a chemical warfare or contaminant problem. Didnt seem to help.

params are good:

No3 .75 ppm

PO4 .04 ppm

Ca 400 ppm (raised it up)

Mg 1400 ppm

Alk 9.1 dKH (raised it up)

Thoughts? I think it may be a light issue but I dont know what...too much, too little??

post-62384-0-12367200-1397528136_thumb.jpg

Thanks man. Im ####ing pissed. I tried so ####ing hard to make that clam happy. Im not saying Im mad at the clam (as silly as that would be, but emotions arent always particularly rational) or anything in particular, Im just really angry that I tried my absolute best (and probably spent a lot of money I dont really have to spare in the process) and it wasnt good enough.

Thanks man. Im ####ing pissed. I tried so ####ing hard to make that clam happy. Im not saying Im mad at the clam (as silly as that would be, but emotions arent always particularly rational) or anything in particular, Im just really angry that I tried my absolute best (and probably spent a lot of money I dont really have to spare in the process) and it wasnt good enough.

yeah, clams are weird that way. I believe some of the things they like aren't easily measured in our tanks. However, I wonder if the clam was already doomed before you bought it? Seems a big part of success with clams is getting one that is healthy to begin with.

Archived