SaltCritters.com

inexpensive moon light for Kessil system....

cdub1955

Hello, the kessil's are excellent lights, but you just cannot manage a moonlight setting with any of them, even with a controller. So i improvised, with a 39.00 LED strip unit/controller and timer from Home Depot. Lowes has them also....

I just use the controller to set the dimming level and color i desire...and i have it on a timer... Instance moon light....

FYI...i weave it through the hanging chain on my Kessil....i used some masking tape to cover some of the lights, to keep it really dim...

I love it....

Pictures attached....

post-82345-0-87641200-1397515505_thumb.jpg

post-82345-0-62049900-1397515506_thumb.jpg

post-82345-0-15552400-1397515507_thumb.jpg

That's a good ideal, I like how it is dim able and you can change the spectrum, as most moonlights seem to be too blue and too bright.

I tell you it is perfect...i love it... it let's me play around with red also to see if i can see anything crawling around at night....

You can mix a number of colors actuall. RBG...so you can pretty much do what you want...and of course all white is available too.

I would use the white balance feature on my camera to tune the colour temperature to around 4100 Kelvin, to simulate natural moonlight.

I have some regular non dim-able leds that are close enough to that colour, I am going to try it up in the air like yours, maybe get a kit like yours one weekend.

Archived