Cultivated Reef

Identification of algae and removal help

littlephish

littlephish

My snail's can't keep up with this growth a the moment and it films over everything. Can someone please recommend solutions. It really is a purple/pink color and filmy.

post-82948-0-77623500-1397515346_thumb.jpg

littlephish

Ok, yes i guess it could be cyano... grrr i was just fighting hair algae, and it was almost under control. I suspect I have a lot of phosphates. I am debating a 100% water change.

(judging by the look of it on your sand and not the big pink blob lol) it looks lke cyano which is primarily do to phosphates. Get those bad boys under control and you should be golden!

i've just never seen cyano that light of a colour. but it seems to have the same texture

littlephish

I can't increase the flow anymore. I have a WP10 in a 5 gallon tank with a 606 already, its damn near tidal. I will do a big water change, and possibly black it out.

One small note, if it gets kicked up it films back onto whatever it lands on rather quickly as well. What it comes of fof has some material blueish in tint but it looks like a soil kind of waste. Not sure if these details help.

Archived