Coral Vue Hydros

My 10 gallon! (PICTURES)

bradsreeeftank

bradsreeeftank

So i setted this 10 gallon up 3 weeks ago. I uprgaded light bulb to 2 10 watt 50/50. HAve a norm HOB filter, heater and about 20 pounds of liver rock and sand. I add a few corals, arnt duing so hot but im still dosing to get paremeters spot on. Heres what they are and like i said im dosing thats why the 2 paremeters are rising.

4/12/14

Mag-1,000 ppm

Calcium-320 ppm

Alk-9.8 DKH

4/13/14

Mag-1120 ppm

Calcium-350 ppm

Alk-9.8 DKH

So Let me no what you guys think, tips/tricks. Heres some pics of it 3 weeks ago when first started, no recent pics.http://s124.photobucket.com/user/Brad_Nelligan/library/10%20gallon%20reef%20build?sort=3&page=1 Sorry! Thanks.

Those lights are very modest at best for corals that require anything in the way of light. If you want to keep corals I would seriously suggest an up grade in lighting! T-5's are tried and true if you can get about 30 watts of them over the tank (the cheaper option up front) or quality LED's (considerably more expensive initially) if you desire some of the more light demanding corals. 3 weeks is a pretty short time from start up to cycling being complete, much less adding corals. Id suggest you wait until your tank has fully completed a cycle, you have all of the water parameters in check and the tank has had some time to stabilize in order to give you the best chance at success. I definitely wouldn't add any more live stock to the mix until you reach that point. Other than that looks pretty good from what I noticed at a quick glance...

I started with the same 10 kit setup. I ditched the hood and got the glass top, removed the carbon filter from the HOB filter, put in a chemipure elite bag between some filter floss, and got a current LED light. It's been up for about 4 months now doing great.

Archived