Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Flexible Non-Kink Water Garden Pond Tubing

ElmoC

I came across a thread talking about this product (http://www.flexiblepvc.net/Flexible_Pond_Hose_Water_Garden_p/flexiblepondhose.htm) from around 4 years ago. Unfortunately, the OP and the one user who said they used the product are no longer active on the forums. So I thought I would ask and see if any one is using this product?

I need a long hose to feed water from my mixing station to my tank, about 25 feet. I looked at the clear vinyl hose and it kinks to easily and also wants to retain it's coiled shaped. The braided version, while a bit more flexible, is still hard to work with. I had a suggestion from someone using 1/2" Pex tubing (a larger version of the piping used on RO/DI units). Again, very stiff and wanting to keep that coil shape. Silicone tubing, while flexible and would do the job, is just too expensive. 25ft from BRS would be around $175!

This product looks like it would work, but I have never used it or even seen it in any stores to see how flexible it really is. The marketing information makes it sounds really good, but then, that is marketing. :)

Anyone have any input on this?

i would think it should work ok, issue is attaching things to hose like that. also, I dont know if this is a permanent installation, if so, I wouldnt use it. Water will collect in the wider parts along the length of the hose and grow crap between water changes. Next time you change water youre going to flood the tank with fungi. If you just want something you can run while you do changes and you can rinse/dry it out each time then that shouldnt be an issue.

I will say Ive used some good vinyl hose that doesnt kink nearly as much. Thats not to say it wont kink, it still can, but not like the garbage you buy at home depot. On my old water change hose my tubing worked great, rarely kinked but nice and flexible (not like braided hose). You will probably need to look online, BRS sells some thats very good but also quite pricey, Im sure you can find it cheaper.

Archived