Innovative Marine Aquariums

Reef Bright LED strips

NorthGaHillbilly

NorthGaHillbilly

I have been looking for an actinic supplement for my 150 watt MH over a 24"x18"x12" tank. I am wondering if the Reef Bright Tech leds would give any noticeable supplement. I noticed the 8", 12" and the 15" all have the same # of LEDs, but would they really give any "pop" or just give an actinic look after the MH went out.

Thanks

NGaHB

You know I have this little light, just a 3W "actinic" on a little goose-neck. It has a purplish colour that makes stuff look amazing.

http://www.petsandponds.com/en/aquarium-supplies/c5813/c231289/p17693589.html

It is just barely strong enough to add some colour to a lit aquarium, looks stunning when used as a moonlight.

When I get more serious with photography, this would be my choice as a single light for taking coral pictures.

So ya, as long as it has 3W LEDs, it should work.

Hard to say without seeing it in person though, a difference of a few nanometers seems to make a big difference with regards to fluorescence with these "actinic" LEDs.

From the website, they "look" like the purple ones, hard to say.

NorthGaHillbilly

I appreciate it Gilligan, I took and emailed them directly to see what they say. They use two of them on their MH LED hybrid pendents, so I hope one will give enough to notice, Im mainly worried about being able to have some light after the MH is out, but itd be nice for it to give enough actinic to give alittle pop

Archived