Cultivated Reef

2 week cycle test results.. good or bad?

darkdancer333

darkdancer333

Plant ? :)

All phosphate media's take a good time, remember also, although we all wish not, but live rock even sand to an extent, comes with phosphates, its best to say it, some low some high, then all your water to add to it, you see, if it took it straight down overnight chances are your corals would go into serious shock, and thats not good.

I must say though, phosphates at 2, thats gonna need some work by any media to drop, maybe even several doses worth, depends how long it lasts and to what level of saturation it has, also remember here, you may have 2 now, but by the time you start dropping it, its still adding if you get me from all the inhabitants / food ect, so in reality, you may have to look at doubling it at least, you never can tell.

Mine now sits at 0.03 or under, but its been like that since I started rowaphos a month ago, but it hasnt gone into "worry" levels - 0.03 and over.

Snails are buggers at best of times for hiding, same with nutter crabs :)

You got worries, I got my melanarus and cleaner wrasses earlier, had my tea, and now they are both gone, one is 2.5 inch say, the melanarus a good 2.5, both vamoosed :) they're under the sand somewhere, they're known for panic on putting in your tank :)

Hopefully tomorrow i'll see them ... possibly :)

wrasse are notorious for hiding under the sand..

I have a missing snail an the other is lethargic... can high posphases hurt a snail??

the polyp an corals seem to be ok an the hermits well I think only a mac truck can kill them lol

the salinity rose not sure how with no salt added it's between 1025 -1026

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yea, cleaned sand bed earlier what I can do in the front there, nothing stirred, but theres plenty I cant get to or indeed in the rocks.

High phosphates generally is key to algae growth, then "the full potential" of corals, not sure on the science bit but its not good to have high :)

I doubt phos can harm snails, but anything in volume could contribute if anything, mainly for coral growth and algae bashing, keep it low :)

LOL, A Mack truck yes, they are tough little buggers :)

Salinity rising could be simply your tank has dropped level and condensed reading ? just nip a bit of your tank water out and change for RO/DI bit by bit till it drops back to where you'd like it, I can bearly read this at the minute LOL, must snooze, gotta be up in 4.5 hrs, more doctor visits and assessments :)

darkdancer333

yea, cleaned sand bed earlier what I can do in the front there, nothing stirred, but theres plenty I cant get to or indeed in the rocks.

High phosphates generally is key to algae growth, then "the full potential" of corals, not sure on the science bit but its not good to have high :)

I doubt phos can harm snails, but anything in volume could contribute if anything, mainly for coral growth and algae bashing, keep it low :)

LOL, A Mack truck yes, they are tough little buggers :)

Salinity rising could be simply your tank has dropped level and condensed reading ? just nip a bit of your tank water out and change for RO/DI bit by bit till it drops back to where you'd like it, I can bearly read this at the minute LOL, must snooze, gotta be up in 4.5 hrs, more doctor visits and assessments :)

HAVE GOOD NIGHT I'll check salinity tomorrow...

darkdancer333

My PH was 7.5 today now I got it to about 8.4

Salinity 1025-1026

My phosphate has dropped to .25

Ammonia 0

Nitrate 0

Nitrate 5

Today was first day I tested for PH

Still problem with snails, Only 1 remains active out of 6 snails

My one zoa who has like 20 heads never opens up They barely brake the surface.

My Polyp only comes out when the bright light is on, If I leave the blue light he retreats..

Tomorrow Il test for Ca, KH, MAG but those have been good since the beginning.

I am hoping it was just the PH.. Gal at reef store said of PH low coral are not happy.

But.. the snail problem is what bothers me

... Just bear in mind, raising PH can affect other parameters, magnesium and calcium, this can quickly turn into a never ending cycle of balancing.

Archived