Pod Your Reef

CADlights 4 gal pico stock

SouthFlorida_Tron

SouthFlorida_Tron

My daughter chose a small black perc clown pair... Will the pair be sustainable in the pico with regular water changes, carbon, and macro algaes?

perhaps only one of the clowns?

Nanofreak79

The fish nazis might say different, but I'd do a pair. If you want to make everyone feel warm and fuzzy then do a single.

SouthFlorida_Tron

I have had horrible luck with gobies, they've all seemed to find escape routes even with several different tops on the tanks...

I would say 4 gallons is way too small for a pair of clown fish, I would have at least at a bare minimum 10 gallons.

I know how you feel about gobies, I have had 4 jump on me, despite having a lid, so I've given up on those.

Best of luck on your fish keeping journey and that things will work out with stocking.

OH Yeah.

MAKE SURE YOUR LID IS VERY WELL FITTING.

These fish can find any small hole in your lid and can and will jump through it/them at slightest stress.

That is all.

• 2 months later...
SouthFlorida_Tron

Bring this topic back to life!!!

--Already stocked with a cleaner shrimp.

--Tank will be softie only.

Clown goby?

Shrimp Goby Pair?

I have an orange spot goby and tiger pistol. The shrimp is really neat but the goby is super boring. The shrimp digs and moves rocks 24-7 but the goby just sits next to it wherever it is digging. Not sure if other shrimp gobies are more interesting.

I would go with a clown and get a pistol shrimp without a goby.

My green banded goby is super active. Get two and they will pair up and do mating dances and cuddle and kiss. lol

A single clown would be boring in a small tank.

SouthFlorida_Tron

My green banded goby is super active. Get two and they will pair up and do mating dances and cuddle and kiss. lol

In 4 gallons? Is this possible?!

In 4 gallons? Is this possible?!

Yeah for sure... they are small gobies with small bioloads and BIG personalities. They change sex like clownfish (except I believe they can go back and forth from male to female) so get two and they will most likely eventually pair up and get smexy with each other.

Archived