Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

POCILLOPORA not looking so hot...

njasmin

A while back i noticed a white spot right in the center, it has now turned brown about 3 weeks later. All perimeters are in check and all other coral are THRIVING besides this one doesn't seem to have much PE and its hard to see in the pics but there is a grass like structure coming out of one of the polyps. I have tried moving it waiting about a week in between and this seems to be the best spot. This frag looks nothing like it did when i purchased it. I also have another pocillopora that is doing well in the tank also...? I'm stumped, does this coral look ok you anyone? Any suggestions?

posi_zps77e4e091.jpg

posi2_zps330faa0b.jpg

Strong flow and good light will keep a pocillopora happy. I see some STN at the base which is now green and covered with algae. You may have had an alk swing. I wouldn't fuss with it to give it a chance to acclimate to the new location you placed it.

Also, white spots in the middle could mean bugs. If you can take a closer look to see bite marks, you could determine if it has them.

Strong flow and good light will keep a pocillopora happy. I see some STN at the base which is now green and covered with algae. You may have had an alk swing. I wouldn't fuss with it to give it a chance to acclimate to the new location you placed it.

Also, white spots in the middle could mean bugs. If you can take a closer look to see bite marks, you could determine if it has them.

Thanks for the reply, I didn't see any bit marks on it, maybe its just throwing a fit. Ill give it a couple weeks and hopefully it will show signs of improvement

So this coral is getting progressively worse. Bleaching on some branches and some dark lines running on the main body. Haven't seen any sign of bugs and my crabs leave it alone. Getting plenty of light and flow....Is this a lost cause? Every single other coral in my tank(I have 23 total) have shown noticeable signs of growth and are very healthy, including another pocillopora and an acropora.

Should I remove this from my tank in the case is has some sort of disease?

So this coral is getting progressively worse. Bleaching on some branches and some dark lines running on the main body. Haven't seen any sign of bugs and my crabs leave it alone. Getting plenty of light and flow....Is this a lost cause? Every single other coral in my tank(I have 23 total) have shown noticeable signs of growth and are very healthy, including another pocillopora and an acropora.

Should I remove this from my tank in the case is has some sort of disease?

Is it next to any other corals with sweeper tentacles? I noticed a hammer coral in the foreground of the 2nd pic you posted.

edit:

Is your poci on the right side next to the maxi nem and the hammer? I saw this on your thread:

fts42_zpsc3db8b26.jpg

If so, your hammer is probably stinging it.

Is it next to any other corals with sweeper tentacles? I noticed a hammer coral in the foreground of the 2nd pic you posted.

edit:

Is your poci on the right side next to the maxi nem and the hammer? I saw this on your thread:

fts42_zpsc3db8b26.jpg

If so, your hammer is probably stinging it.

I actually moved it , the only coral within range is a kenya tree now, i moved the location about a week ago, if you see on the left side of the tank in the pic, where the zoantid frag is located is where i moved it. It had occured to me that the hammer could be stinging it. I rarely see the hammer extend the sweepers. I think the location I moved it to may be too bright? Shows signs of bleaching. I will try to get a good pic here in a little. Thanks for the input

OK, i tried to get some variety of darkness exposures to bring out the condition of the coral. tried with all white lights, but camera wouldnt focus. My question is, is this a lost cause? There is still PE on the poci

20140420_184103_RichtoneHDR_zpse32126e1.

20140420_184027_zps7504d320.jpg

20140420_184347_zps09183a02.jpg

20140420_184116_RichtoneHDR_zpsd4661510.

Archived