SaltCritters.com

HELP! The photo says it all.

aviator300

Sidenote....I have one of those Pin PH monitors and even after it has been "calibrated" it reads lower then it should. I have had mine read 7.70 and then I did two seperate chem kits where the PH read 8.00 and 8.10. Whenever I see something way off, the first thing I check is to see that the measurement is correct. Have you used any other devise or method to check your PH?

Yes, I used a Salifert tester and coroborated my Pin monitors reading with a Hanna checker at my LFS.

Again, I really appreciate all the help and suggestions I've received and I am not trying to CHASE my PH. I only wanted some ideas on how to best find a cause and effect for my problem and correct it by the most natural means possible (which in my case means bringing fresh air from the outside into a protein skimmer).

I believe that this solution will not only help my PH issue, but will improve the overall water quality of my tank.

I believe I have more than enough suggestions and help for the moment and I will let everyone know how this all works out.

Archived