ReefCleaners.org

least amount of equipment?

badwhiskey

skimlessinseattle

I think you should first state what you are thinking about doing assuming this is the case, and get comment on your plan. This will likely make for more productive discussion.

You need flow and light at the very least. Ideally you will also have either mechanical or chemical filtration.

What stock are you planning and how big a tank?

You definitely need some sort of tank.

You need a means to regulate temperature. In most climates that means at least a heater with thermostatic controls. In extremely hot climates or if you wish to maintain cold water specimens this means a chiller.

You need a means of water circulation. You could use one or more water pumps, an air pump or a slave with a canoe paddle.

You need some sort of substrate to house nitrobacter and nitrosmnonas(think filter). This could be combined with water circulation in the form of a HOB box filter or an undergravel filter, or just rocks and gravel or sand. Bioballs were once popular. Sponges can work. Pick what you will.

You need a light source. This could be room light, a window or a dedicated aquarium light.

Pinner Reef

My tank has 2 pumps, 2 light fixtures, and a heater. That's it.

The downside is I only have three fish in 40g

You need a means of water circulation. You could use one or more water pumps, an air pump or a slave with a canoe paddle.

made my night !

Archived