inTank Media Baskets

O-man21

I bought two clams over the weekend, and I'm curious if the places I chose will work for them. I'd like to get them placed before they decide to lay their byssal threads down.

Both are Maximas, about 2" in size, and I have a 120w 20k Maxspect Razor hung 7" above the water, and the lowest clam is about 6" under the water, the other about 4".

I have the light schedule as follows:

Noon:

0% Whites

1% Blues

By 3 PM it's gradually worked up to:

10% Whites

20% Blues

At 4 PM it's up to:

40% Whites

53% Blues

From 4-9:30 it stays at the levels above.

10 PM:

10% Whites

20% Blues

11 PM:

0% Whites

1% Blues

The room gets natural light during the day, but nothing direct. I have the lights set so late because I work during the day and like to see the tank when I'm home.

Should I raise the brightness for them? I saw the lower gold Maxima expelling a little zooxanthellae I think during the day yesterday, so I think I might even be a little too bright.

Unfortunately, I don't have a PAR meter to test. Ignore the colors, I took the pic with my cell phone to get you a feeling for the locations.

CvjPTDO.jpg

IZcKPkA.jpg

HgwKlVj.jpg

Cameron6796

You won't want to have the one higher up shaded like that and if you have sps growing well you should be okay you always have extra room for increased light since your only at 50 so percent. Good luck. Do you have your blues on all night at 1% whats that even look like

The blues on at 1% at night is the Razors "moonlight" option. I think it looks really good, basically it's just a really dim actinic look. I do feel that it is little too bright for it to be on at night, but everything seems to be growing fine so I just haven't bothered to change it.

Tried to get some pictures, but the blues drive my camera completely crazy. The colors of the corals are pretty much correct but it's not nearly this bright. It's also a much darker blue than what shows.

U5JioZc.jpg

Also, in that pic you can see I moved the gold clam to a rock on the sand. He wouldn't attach to the rock up there but he quickly did to the piece he's on, I'll be moving him up to where I want him soon.

Archived