Top Shelf Aquatics

It was bound to happen eventually

Jamie

IMG_1851.jpg

Hi folks.

It's been a long time since I was on here, but it's good to see there are still some familiar names around. I'm about to graduate from college, which sadly means that my life is about to get pretty unstable (seasonal biology jobs ftw!) and I won't be able to have my tank any more. That means that one of you should buy it! Look, I made a promotional video (tank is near a window, sorry about the glare):

https://vimeo.com/91378669

As you can see, there is a ton of stuff in here - I've had it for three years, and watching the corals fill out has been an awesome experience (the green zoas started from a half-dollar sized frag!). For sentimental reasons, I'd like to sell the tank as is, but we'll see if anyone bites - if not, I guess I'll have to sell everything separately. In any event, specs:

Tank: I honestly can't remember the brand, but it's a 12-ish gal starfire all-in-one. 150 w current halide (the bulb is super old, but it doesn't matter for softies I guess?) w/ nightlight LEDS.

Fish:

yellowtail damsel

starry blenny

Inverts:

snails, hermits, longspine urchin (best algae control out there!)

Corals:

Idk zoa names, but pretty much everything is shown in the video. There are thousands. Not pictured as clearly are two maxi mini carpets (one pink and green, the other just sort of greenish) and a Blasto merletti that has 6-8 polyps. And pretty much any free space is covered by the blue cloves, but they're getting overgrown by the green zoas. So whoever buys this - you should have a fragging party and sell some of them! I imagine there are also a ton of sponges and stuff growing beneath the live rock - when the urchin spawned (in the video) the water got cloudy, but was clear again in under an hour!

Blue cloves also spawn pretty frequently, as you can see here:

IMG_1801.jpg

So yeah. That's the tank. Since it's basically all softies, maintenance is literally just top offs. I feed the blenny an algae pellet every day, and that's it. I haven't done a water change in over a year. It's super easy! I'll be very sad to see it go, but all good things come to an end. Hopefully someone can give this tank a nice home in the future!

I'll want to hold onto it for a few more weeks, but pickup in early may (prior to the 18th) would be awesome. I'm in Claremont, CA, obvi this is not ship-able, but I might be willing to drive to meet other peeps in socal. Anyway, here is a final fts!

IMG_1760.jpg

Oh yeah, price. Idk, pm me suggestions/offers? Let the bidding begin! But really please someone buy this?

Which college? I can a gnats whisker away from going to Mudd. Would have been the only one on the football team!

Good luck with the sale and the new job!

Thanks Horerczy! evanski - Nice! I go to Pomona. Well if you had gone, you'd at least have gotten to beat our football team - I don't think we won any games last season. :/

Beautiful tank,

I've been searching high and low for a starry blenny, wish you where closer to the east coast as I'd love to have it in my 30L.

Bobyboy - bummer. They're awesome fish with great personality, so good luck with your search!

Angel - seriously, if no one else wants it, it's yours. I'm not driving to Las Vegas though :P

Why I'm I SOOOO POOORRRR!

Seriously one of the nicest simple tanks I've seen, with some incredible colonies! Certainly my type of tank.

Also, those zoas I think are Green Bay Packers.

Thanks! Yeah, I know, I think it'll be hard to find anyone who both wants and can afford an entire tank, but we'll see. That's why I put it up a month in advance!

Angel<3Nanos

Bobyboy - bummer. They're awesome fish with great personality, so good luck with your search!

Angel - seriously, if no one else wants it, it's yours. I'm not driving to Las Vegas though :P

I'll go get it if you're in Cali! Lol

Let me know. Its a serious offer :)

Archived