Cultivated Reef

Arctic-T247 LED for 20g long?

Visionist

Just finding this led light and it seems to have amazing reviews and great growth for the price. Would it be too wide for a 20g long though? Since its 10" wide and the tank is only 12ish wide?

I would think that light a lesser choice for a 20L - to get enough spread to cover the 30" length of the tank, you would have to hang it about 10"-12" above the tank, and that would result in quite a bit of light "spillage" along the front and back...

I could get a reefbreeders fixture but it would still cover the same area and be 16"x8.5" so really not much difference. I don't know what other led options I would have.

Well, 2-3 Par 38's would work, and so would a 30" BuildMyLED fixture - just got a 30" BML 20K in and hung over my 20L, and it is a pretty nice light... B)

Well, 2-3 Par 38's would work, and so would a 30" BuildMyLED fixture - just got a 30" BML 20K in and hung over my 20L, and it is a pretty nice light... B)

The buildmyled fixture would cost 100$ alone in shipping...:(

I'm starting to consider just buying an odyssea 30" quad t5 fixture since it would fit and cover the tank right out of the box... I was looking at reefkoi par38 bulbs(36w) and they look nice, but would 2 be enough to fully cover a 20g long? I would then have to worry about trying to mount them as well.

Where are you that it would cost $100 in shipping?!? My order for 2 lights cost me around $12 I believe...

If you are going to use a T5 fixture, I would go with an AquaticLife brand light - much higher quality, and has a built-in timer.

If using Par38's, you would probably want to go with 3 of them for better coverage, and most aquarists using Par LEDs use gooseneck lamps to mount them (can get them from several vendors), although they can also be hung via their cords with certain lamp setups.

frankdontsurf

What's wrong with a 120 model? The ocean revive u120, reef breeders value led, ever grow d120, taotronics d120 all would work.

Archived