Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

FS- Live Copepods!

keydiver

Hi all, I'm sure many of you have seen my Phytoplankton thread up, and I now have enough pods to offer out as well. This culture has been going for well over a month now without any harvesting, and the densities are getting very high.

Species: Tisbe (True tropical pods that will breed in live rock, the kind your mandarins eat)

Price: $20 shipped for a half liter, $30 shipped for one liter, $40 shipped for two liters. Compare the prices with a half liter for nearly $30 not including shipping from live aquaria, or $15 not including shipping for 8 oz (34 oz to a liter) from algaegen.

If you wanted to start a culture of your own copepods, consider buying some phyto from me as well to save on shipping costs.

Why buy from me as opposed to an online retailer?

1. These cultures are tenderly loved by me and I can guarantee a massive population of pods in each batch, at all life stages (Perfect for feeding, seeding, or starting your own culture)

2. You're helping support my education through book costs and living expenses for my Marine Biology studies here at the University of Florida.

3. These pods have been absolutely gut loaded with live phytoplankton to ensure their nutrition for your fish (Some pods are shipped out without any phyto in the water and by the time they get to your fish, they have no nutritional value).

4. ITS CHEAPER!

Please PM me or comment if you have any questions about the product or about culturing pods in general and I'll be happy to help. Thanks in Advanced.

Getting pictures of the cultures is difficult as I do not have a camera aside from my iPhone at my disposal. However, I can assure you that you will not be disappointed with the quality of the cultures.

• Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bump! UF is freaking expensive!

thanks for the bumpity! They get you with every charge you could imagine. I get charged monthly for having my 8g pico in the dorms. Even with 100% bright futures it's tough to get tuition in on time.

Not here to buy, but Go Gators :)

Not this season...

I think I might need some :)

Hey Ben! If you're serious, shoot me a PM and we can talk details. I see we're not far from each other.

Paandemonium

thanks for the bumpity! They get you with every charge you could imagine. I get charged monthly for having my 8g pico in the dorms. Even with 100% bright futures it's tough to get tuition in on time.

UM's parking fees are $300 a year for a sticker, I feel your pain lol

jedimasterben

Hey Ben! If you're serious, shoot me a PM and we can talk details. I see we're not far from each other.

Sure thing :)

65-wat.jpg

frankdontsurf

Prime parking in the heart of the Gables. What are you complaining about!?

Haha..

All PM's have been returned. I think this round of shipping (Monday) is going to be the last round for a couple weeks as I transport all my stuff from Gainesville to Miami for the end of the semester, so if anybody wants some PM me by Monday! Thanks again

frankdontsurf

All PM's have been returned. I think this round of shipping (Monday) is going to be the last round for a couple weeks as I transport all my stuff from Gainesville to Miami for the end of the semester, so if anybody wants some PM me by Monday! Thanks again

When you get down here will you be selling pods local?

When you get down here will you be selling pods local?

I'll be building some systems to eventually put out 10-20g of pods every other week (Of course most will be munched by larval fish at the lab). They'll take a couple weeks to plumb and get set up but then I'm going to take them for a spin before moving them up to gaineville :)

jedimasterben

Got mine today. Couldn't see any that were moving around on the bottle, but the water was tinted green with phyto, so I'll report back in a few weeks on how many bazillions and bazillions I have coating the tank :)

Thanks Tim!

Got mine today as well as a bottle of live phyto. Great deal and an incredibly nice and helpful guy. Can't wait til I have a thriving culture of my own.

Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

Is this still going on? I don't have any livestock that need pods, but it couldn't hurt to diversify the organisms in mytank, can it?

Archived