Cultivated Reef

my clown fish is crazy

clownfish_rule18

clownfish_rule18

hi i have had my tank for almost a year now and its a 20g. after my cycle i went to patnauds and bought a clown fish (misbar) on the second day he was in my tank i looked in and noticed he was gone. i was scared like you would not believe but the found him in my filter. when i took him out he swam down into a cave in my live rock. he started top host this care and i was fine with it. after this i went to underwater world and bought 3 cromis. one died almost immediately because of a bad fin that caused him to down spiral and he eventual floated to the top. because my tank is topless my cat decided to eat the other one so i was left with one cromis and one clown fish. they quickly decided who got what halve of the tank and my clown proceed to be a shut-in. yesterday i looked into the tank and saw that he was beginning to move the sand so he could make a cave like the shrimp do for the gobies. i have no idea whats wrong with him and i want to fix it.

im open to any suggestions so please help!!

Get another clownfish that's smaller then the one you have put him in they should bond and be a lot more comfortable and won't be so skittish. I had a single clown that would hang in a cave all day long got her the smallest clown I could find and the first day I put him in the tank that were swimming all over the tank happy as can be, started hosting a mushroom that same day.

Archived