inTank Media Baskets

MAROON CLOWN JUST STAYS ALONG THE BACK

Zep323

so i purchesed a maroon clown the other day for my 12 gallon nano cube. i have a watchmen goby and pistil shrimp doing pretty well in there. My question is, this little fella just hangs out in the back or behind the power head. The little fella eats like an animal when i throw some pellets in there but it just stays along the back. I checked all my parameters before i even tried to introduced fish and they were all great, 0 ammonia and 5 in nitrates. The little feller looks good, great color, no white spots, fins are nice. Im wondering if he doesn't like the water movement in the tank, i have the stock pump that comes with a 12 gallon nano and a hydor pump, the smallest one the make. Any ideas????

frankdontsurf

He's getting acclimated. He is staying in the dark where he feels safe. Mine was like that for a few weeks, afterwards he's up front all the time. They have amazing personalities, too bad their are dicks with other fish lol. I don't mind I just need him <3

Yea, I had the same experience with my Pink Skunk clown in my 20 long. In the beginning they just like to get a feel for the tank and over time he began to swim around the tank and started to sleep in some of the caves that I had. He should be fine after 3-4 weeks, just give him time.

DriftingNemo

I've seen how chunky Maroon Clowns can get, roughly the size of an iPhone 5 (weird comparison) and probably wouldn't enjoy spending the rest of it's life in a 12g. But yeah, it's getting acclimated, my Ocellaris Clown took about a week to start swimming around the whole tank.

Archived