SaltCritters.com

NanoClown's Fluval Spec V | Retired

NanoClown

Geez man! :eek: Your tank looks incredible! Thanks for getting back to me about the light too, it helps me out. I think I'm gonna bite the bullet and just order it haha I've been on the fence about for a while. Tank looks great, like I said, in that last shot.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Geez man! :eek: Your tank looks incredible! Thanks for getting back to me about the light too, it helps me out. I think I'm gonna bite the bullet and just order it haha I've been on the fence about for a while. Tank looks great, like I said, in that last shot.

Thanks!

It's no problem. I'm sure you'll love the light, It's perfect for this tank :)

I really hope I can eventually get my aquarium to be taken over by soft corals, all natural with minimal fragging. I plan to get some GPS and Pulsing Xenia as my next coral purchases

• 2 weeks later...

photo1-7.jpg

Here's my newest addition to my tank, It's a juvenile B/W Ocellaris. I have no idea why it's so orange right now though....... :huh: it was for sure b/w when I picked it out at my LFS. I'm gussing it's color changed because it's a little stressed out? If anyone has an idea please chime in. Nonetheless I hope it gets its' b/w color back as it matures.

So far the little guy is very photogenic and my larger Orange Ocellaris hasn't shown any signs of aggression toward it, the larger clown actually appears to be more submissive as it is the one twitching to the smaller B/W Ocellaris

Stopped by my LFS today and picked up a few more goodies B)

1st is this new Zoa frag to add to my garden on the left side of the tank, its still pissed off but I love the color combination of yellow/orange center with green skirts. Also note the growth on the Eagle Eye Zoas in the back, its already at 5 polyps from the lone survivor from my mini crash a while back

http://s1220.photobucket.com/user/to-turo/media/Fluval%20Spec%20V/photo5-3.jpg.html'>photo5-3.jpg

Ive been wanting a nice colorful macro algea to throw in my display so I picked up a small rock with some Red Gracilaria Algea, the rock also had some mini feather dusters and brittle stars crawling around on it as well

http://s1220.photobucket.com/user/to-turo/media/Fluval%20Spec%20V/photo1-8.jpg.html'>photo1-8.jpg

Last but not least I got my first Acan frag! Its only 2 heads riight now, I got a pretty sweet deal on it.

http://s1220.photobucket.com/user/to-turo/media/Fluval%20Spec%20V/ebe3dd10-8442-4eb9-99bd-9933270ac015.jpg.html'>ebe3dd10-8442-4eb9-99bd-9933270ac015.jpg

awesome man! I really want to get an acan now with all these tanks adding them. They really are beautiful. Do the acans fluoresce under the actinic light like the ricordeas do? I'm trying to get my tank into one giant glowing reef haha

awesome man! I really want to get an acan now with all these tanks adding them. They really are beautiful. Do the acans fluoresce under the actinic light like the ricordeas do? I'm trying to get my tank into one giant glowing reef haha

if u get the rainbow ones, they are brighter than ricordeas....but they also cost a pretty penny.

Reef's looking awesome mate, and an awesome new addition!! :)

Sorry this took me so long dude..

BiypF6J.png

Here's the direct link: http://imgur.com/BiypF6J

You need to copy and paste the BBCode link into your signature - and set it as a hyperlink to your progress thread here!

~ Cheers

YES the acan looks awesome under my blue leds. It literally glows blood orange. I wish I could get some pics, but my iphone hates the blue leds lol

if u get the rainbow ones, they are brighter than ricordeas....but they also cost a pretty penny.

I'm looking to get some ricordeas myself. I hope I can get a good deal on some around here

Reef's looking awesome mate, and an awesome new addition!! :)

Sorry this took me so long dude..

BiypF6J.png

Here's the direct link: http://imgur.com/BiypF6J

You need to copy and paste the BBCode link into your signature - and set it as a hyperlink to your progress thread here!

~ Cheers

Thanks soooooo much! This is awesome. I really appreciate it and your kind words :)

Had to do some maintenance this morning because one of the Kenya Tree frags that I bought a couple weeks back had bubble algae on it :angry: I got rid of all of it, it didn't seem like I popped any bubbles either. Wish me the best. I really hope that I don't get an outbreak of this stuff. I might pick up an emerald crab soon just to be on the safe side.

On another note, I moved all of my Kenya Tree over to the left side, next to the over flow. It's where my current is the calmest so they will probably be much happier in that spot.

Probably going to pick up a couple more frags this weekend. ;)

Sweet cleaner shrimp :) nice buy

It's sooooo tiny! Only about 1"-1.5"

I've been wanting to replace my original cleaner shrimp that didnt make it through the crash I had a few months back. This little guy seems to have a lot of energy during feeding but is otherwise still pretty shy around the other tank mates and me lol I'm sure it will adjust in time

mine was shy then he turned into a jackass....

Yeah I've also had cleaner shrimps in the past turn into complete jerks. I think they're a hit-miss personality wise because the one I had before my crash was rather timid and he minded his own business.

Looks so awesome dude!!

Every time one of you guys get a cool new livestock addition I wanna add something haha...

Don't think my Pistol will let ANY other shrimp live in my tank.. but I guess I'll never know till I try.

I like cleaners / peppermint / fire shrimps.

Weary of them eating my hammer though.

Also love YCG's.

Looks so awesome dude!!

Every time one of you guys get a cool new livestock addition I wanna add something haha...

Don't think my Pistol will let ANY other shrimp live in my tank.. but I guess I'll never know till I try.

I like cleaners / peppermint / fire shrimps.

Weary of them eating my hammer though.

Also love YCG's.

Thanks bud!

The only shrimp that ive seen pick at corals were peppermints.

I dont know how well pistols do with other shrimps since ive never owned one lol. I wonder if other people have experience with keeping them with other shrimp in smaller tanks like ours.

I love YCG's too but I feel like im already at my stocking limit for fish. My clowns and tailspot blenny are already more than enough

I'll try to get a decent FTS up tonight.

I stopped by one of my LFS and picked up something new for my Spec V..... Trying to see if I can push limits with my lights B)

I moved all of my Kenya Tree frags to the front left hand corner of my tank. Since then they seem to be very pleased because the flow is kind of stagnant in that spot.

http://s1220.photobucket.com/user/to-turo/media/Fluval%20Spec%20V/photo1-9.jpg.html'>photo1-9.jpg

Thought i'd take a quick shot of the right side of the tank now that there are no more Kenya frags over there :P

http://s1220.photobucket.com/user/to-turo/media/Fluval%20Spec%20V/38f9f01d-c693-4b14-b758-a05c0f0dc020.jpg.html'>38f9f01d-c693-4b14-b758-a05c0f0dc020.jpg

Newest FTS...... You can see I picked up a frag of Pocillopora! I placed it as high as possible in an area of my tank that has nice flow. I hope my lights are strong enough to keep it healthy. We'll see in time. This is my tester SPS as I hope to try and grow some Montipora Caps in the future. I wish I could get a better shot of it, but my iphone really hates LEDs

http://s1220.photobucket.com/user/to-turo/media/Fluval%20Spec%20V/3732e410-54e9-4b31-acb7-be4280c6092d.jpg.html'>3732e410-54e9-4b31-acb7-be4280c6092d.jpg

That little Acan you have looks similar to the one I have! They're family hahaha..

Thank is looking awesome mate! Can't wait to see more !

That little Acan you have looks similar to the one I have! They're family hahaha..

Thank is looking awesome mate! Can't wait to see more !

Ive actually never had acans in the past but you inspired me to try them out!

I actually picked up another frag this weekend. Ill try to get a decent pic up today when my lights come on. It was sold to me as an acan but I think it might be actually be a favia. Im not 100% sure but I got a great deal on it (only $5, cant beat that!)

pocillopora is very hardy. Mine survived my mini crash while my monti's and birdnests died. It should do great in ur tank.

It's actually doing great in my tank as you said, all of the polyps have been fully extended and it has yet to bleach or brown out. Im pretty excited with this because I really want to get some monitpora caps going soon

Here's a couple close ups of my new frag as promised! I still dont know 100% if it is an Acan or not, hopefully someone can chime in here and help me out. It easily has 13-15 mouths/heads on it for only $5!!!!! B)

photo2-8.jpg

This pic shows its' feeder tentacles out. I spot fed it some frozen mysis a couple nights ago. I'll probably feed my lps again tomorrow.

photo5-4.jpg

Archived