SaltCritters.com

Cherub angel in a 20 gallon?

Icywater

Just because it doesn't die doesn't mean it's happy or ok. 20 tall is too small for this active swimmer. It need more swimming room.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mysis shrimp/cyclopeeze if it will eat it. Basically anything you can get it to eat except brine shrimp which should only be used for short periods of time as a last ditch effort.

SHES NOT EATING MYSIS

Good luck on finding Nutra Ova, shortage of it everywhere.... :(

I know... ;(

Next time my lfs has it IM BUYING ALL OF IT MUHAHAHHAH xD

Centropyge swim no more actively than Chrysiptera yet everyone claims they require more space. What they really require is a crap-ton of mature algae covered liverock to graze. That and plenty of caverns and recesses to hide in. C. Argi also has a smaller maximum size than C. Cyanea so now who's cruel?

The sad bit is the Synchiropis. There's no way a 20 gallon will be able to keep up with food requirements for such a fish.

Any fish you remove from it's natural habitat is going to feel the glass walls pressing in on it. Even a damselfish is accustomed to a territory bigger than an average bachelor apt. Antennarius maculatus is probably the least inconvenienced by lack of swimming space, that lazy lump will just loaf around waiting for someone to swim into it's mouth.

I'd say keep the Argi, give/sell the Synchiropus to somebody with the right sort of environment.

Centropyge swim no more actively than Chrysiptera yet everyone claims they require more space. What they really require is a crap-ton of mature algae covered liverock to graze. That and plenty of caverns and recesses to hide in. C. Argi also has a smaller maximum size than C. Cyanea so now who's cruel?

The sad bit is the Synchiropis. There's no way a 20 gallon will be able to keep up with food requirements for such a fish.

Any fish you remove from it's natural habitat is going to feel the glass walls pressing in on it. Even a damselfish is accustomed to a territory bigger than an average bachelor apt. Antennarius maculatus is probably the least inconvenienced by lack of swimming space, that lazy lump will just loaf around waiting for someone to swim into it's mouth.

I'd say keep the Argi, give/sell the Synchiropus to somebody with the right sort of environment.

I'm not selling my Mandarin...

Archived