Cultivated Reef

Cherub angel in a 20 gallon?

Icywater

My other fish hide a lot anyways. So.... And Mandarins are toxic aren't they? Also if the fish is the last one added, its not as aggressive right? I thought this species is one of the least likely to nip corals?

Thanks for the reply ^.^

Cherubs are less likely than other dwarfs, but that doesn't mean that they won't. It really depends on the individual angel. You may get lucky and get an angel that doesn't touch anything, or you may be unfortunate and get an angel that will destroy anything and every thing.

Cherubs are also one of the most aggressive angels. If it's the last fish, the aggression won't be as bad initially, but over time, once the angel claims the tank as his own, he will become territorial. My angels were the last fish I added, and they've already made sure that everyone else submits to them.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cherubs are less likely than other dwarfs, but that doesn't mean that they won't. It really depends on the individual angel. You may get lucky and get an angel that doesn't touch anything, or you may be unfortunate and get an angel that will destroy anything and every thing.

Cherubs are also one of the most aggressive angels. If it's the last fish, the aggression won't be as bad initially, but over time, once the angel claims the tank as his own, he will become territorial. My angels were the last fish I added, and they've already made sure that everyone else submits to them.

Shouldn't bother the Mandarin because of its colors.

What should I do if it likes to nip?

What should I do if it likes to nip?

decide if you like the coral or the fish better.. if you're willing to let a few corals go they're a great fish (they won't eat everything, just certain types that they have a taste for), if not try to find someone to take the fish off your hands..

Fish are less prone to bother mandarins but that doesn't mean it doesn't happen. Their slime coat just has a foul taste so it is a deterrent. Just be alert. Sixlines sometimes eat the eyes out of mandarins since that part isn't protected by the bad taste. :o

Mostly you just need to be cautious with this fish.

I have one in my 40breeder and it is a lean mean pooping machine. but it has been a model fish. not aggressive. gets along and hasnt touched 1 coral in the tank..it will swim and eat on the rocks all around them but never touches. it is a very open swimmer always on the move

I have one in my 40breeder and it is a lean mean pooping machine. but it has been a model fish. not aggressive. gets along and hasnt touched 1 coral in the tank..it will swim and eat on the rocks all around them but never touches. it is a very open swimmer always on the move

Thanks for the reply.

I can't wait too own this fish ^.^

Since you are getting the fish either have a back up plan for your other fish by finding them an appropriate home and the same go with any corals and anemones you might have. It doesn't take long for a fish to go from model citizen to killing machine.

I got a firefish because my friends sixline wrasse woke up in a killer mood. It was easier to get the firefish out than the wrasse. After he got rid of the wrasse he got another firefish. It took a complete tank break down to get it out.

JMO just get a more appropriate fish, especially with the mandarin which could be likely to starve without a fuge/constant supply of pods and good foods.

JMO just get a more appropriate fish, especially with the mandarin which could be likely to starve without a fuge/constant supply of pods and good foods.

My mandarin eats frozen.

Since you are getting the fish either have a back up plan for your other fish by finding them an appropriate home and the same go with any corals and anemones you might have. It doesn't take long for a fish to go from model citizen to killing machine.

I got a firefish because my friends sixline wrasse woke up in a killer mood. It was easier to get the firefish out than the wrasse. After he got rid of the wrasse he got another firefish. It took a complete tank break down to get it out.

It seems that this angel can nip corals, but is less likely too than other angels. But I will have a back up plan ^.^

Nope, just feed frozen she seems pretty fat.

I put some pods in but saw no difference. I keep cheato with pods in the Filter tho.

mine never bothered any coral in the year or so I had it, but it started nipping at my clam, which is why I no longer have the angel.

Well, I won't be getting a clam. Hopefully it doesn't bother any corals.

Raises Cal tho right?

Yes and costs like 500% more than just buying Ca additives and a water change with reef salt would have the same effect pretty much...

Yes and costs like 500% more than just buying Ca additives and a water change with reef salt would have the same effect pretty much...

And that will make corals grow faster?

Cameron6796

No it will just keep your calcium stable which technically helps them grow but not faster. It's honestly a waste and you should just get 3 part dosing magnesium, calc and alk

I ran out of Ova, and my pet shop doesn't have any. What other food could I get?

Mysis shrimp/cyclopeeze if it will eat it. Basically anything you can get it to eat except brine shrimp which should only be used for short periods of time as a last ditch effort.

Archived