Coral Vue Hydros

DIM4 not quite running smoothly

gwbh

I finally got my DIM4 controller working, very pleased with the dimming effect, mostly.

My LEDs have an abrupt change in brightness when starting and ending at around 20%. So on the sunrise the lights don't slowly come up they start out very very dim (almost nothing), then don't change until they hit 20%. Same thing with the sunset they dim down to 20% then turn of completely instead of going ahead and continuing to dim down to nothing.

Running 2 sets of 10 LEDs, through 2 meanwell drivers.

what could be the problem?

I finally got my DIM4 controller working, very pleased with the dimming effect, mostly.

My LEDs have an abrupt change in brightness when starting and ending at around 20%. So on the sunrise the lights don't slowly come up they start out very very dim (almost nothing), then don't change until they hit 20%. Same thing with the sunset they dim down to 20% then turn of completely instead of going ahead and continuing to dim down to nothing.

Running 2 sets of 10 LEDs, through 2 meanwell drivers.

what could be the problem?

I think that's the nature of LEDs - at the threshold current, a small step will result in a noticeable change in intensity. As you move away from the threshold, the steps will become less apparent. It was the same for my LEDs; I had Meanwell drivers and a Typhon controller.

thanks for the replys, GTi that is what i suspected. jedimasterben I dont know much about it im very new to LEDs.

It was a surprise to me the first time I saw it. Once you know it's not a problem, it's easier to ignore!

Archived