inTank Media Baskets

Long Fin Clownfish

atrox

lol this thing looks wrong... one of its fins is normal and the other is super long...

Hopefully when they breed it.. the offspring come out lot better looking. I'm pretty sure people who don't know anything about saltwater would say "what's wrong with your fish? I think something ripped its fins!" and since they aren't caught up in the hype... you know you're getting an honest opinion.

lol this thing looks wrong... one of its fins is normal and the other is super long...

Hopefully when they breed it.. the offspring come out lot better looking. I'm pretty sure people who don't know anything about saltwater would say "what's wrong with your fish? I think something ripped its fins!" and since they aren't caught up in the hype... you know you're getting an honest opinion.

If you look on RB, Sea and Reef had it randomly come out of a batch of Darwin clowns and there's already a breeding male regular longfin, it's a genetic trait too.

I'm fine with designer clowns, but this to me shouldn't be bred, namely considering that it could be difficult to swim with such a large pectoral fin.

But because it's so unique (And to some people like myself, incredible) I think it shouldn't be culled, but kept as a one of a kind fish.

If you look on RB, Sea and Reef had it randomly come out of a batch of Darwin clowns and there's already a breeding male regular longfin, it's a genetic trait too.

I'm fine with designer clowns, but this to me shouldn't be bred, namely considering that it could be difficult to swim with such a large pectoral fin.

But because it's so unique (And to some people like myself, incredible) I think it shouldn't be culled, but kept as a one of a kind fish.

Well it was bound to show up eventually considering how many "long fin" variety's their are in freshwater fish so I'm sure it is here to stay. Hopefully they get it less mangled looking though.

My husband really likes the mangled look... :rolleyes:<_<

Orange has more potential imo..

longfin-clownfish-620x412.jpg

Thrasher_orange2.jpg

Archived