SaltCritters.com

April 2014 Featured Reef - Arkayology's 40 Gallon Nano Reef

Christopher Marks

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

really proud of you indy. well done sir.

Thanks JR.

Such a cool tank. Very inspiring.

Thank you!!!

Nice work! Whats you lighting spectrum, schedule and intensity?

Thanks! I run 14k @ 45% during the day and 20k @ 40% during the morning and evening.

Congratulations - well deserved!

Awesome, congrats. :)

Congrats! Great work ark!

Thanks guys! I am very honored.

About time. Congrats wining the TOTM award.

Iknorit? :P:) There were many others who deserved it more than I did, but I am happy to have been chosen.

I refuse to say congrats!!

But I will say job well done!

Is that a sunset monti on the front bottom right? If it's anything like my rainbow monti, it will encrust anything and take over any rock! Mine will encroach other corals, keep an eye on it.

Here is a pic of my Radion's schedule using Apex Fusion

ScreenShot2014-04-04at21855PM.png

I refuse to say congrats!!

But I will say job well done!

Is that a sunset monti on the front bottom right? If it's anything like my rainbow monti, it will encrust anything and take over any rock! Mine will encroach other corals, keep an eye on it.

Thanks.

Ya, it is a sunset monti. I do have to frag it quite often. If it can't kill what it runs into, it will eventually grow over it! :D

CustomAquariumBx

Here is a pic of my Radion's schedule using Apex Fusion

ScreenShot2014-04-04at21855PM.png

Thanks.

Ya, it is a sunset monti. I do have to frag it quite often. If it can't kill what it runs into, it will eventually grow over it! :D

I love the ease of use on fusion! Isn't it cool being able to make complex lighting schedules without having to write any code? I hope once it's fully released it has more features though.

I love the ease of use on fusion! Isn't it cool being able to make complex lighting schedules without having to write any code? I hope once it's fully released it has more features though.

I really like it, but I agree with you. It would be nice to have some more features, including an easier way to preview a lighting setting and maybe a few neptune inspired pre-settings.

in your honest opinion, how easy or difficult is keeping your acropora?

Honestly, I don't find it difficult to keep my acros. I have my dosers adding alk and ca solution, I do a WC every week or two, test weekly and adjust my dosing accordingly, I have good lighting, good flow, and I spend time every day to see how each acro is doing so I can evaluate any changes. Once you get into a routine, it is not hard at all. I don't spend much time tinkering or testing any more. The tank pretty much runs itself.

• 1 month later...

Thanks JR.

Thank you!!!

Thanks! I run 14k @ 45% during the day and 20k @ 40% during the morning and evening.

can you tell me how high the fixture is above the water line?

thx

Archived