Coral Vue Hydros

Star of 10 gallon

MadReefer13

MadReefer13

What fish should add too a ten gallon tank its just at the start of the cycle today I just want OE star fish no others so as much color as possible

Not adding now when its done with the cycle

I'd get a clown. Probably not a popular option on this forum because they are so common. But they are common for a reason, they are very good fish. They are attractive, active and easy to care for

MadReefer13

Tank has no sand bed don't think goby would like that and I've had clowns the whole first two years before my crash looking to do one different kinda fish

Designer/unique clownfish

Pygmy Wrasse

Dottyback

Basslet

All of those tend to bring a lot of bright color.

This. Clowns are nice because they are out in the open. Dartfish are nice, you can get red ones, purple/gold ones. Geometric hawkfish is a cool fish.

Pygmy Wrasse

Dottyback

Basslet

Tank has no sand bed don't think goby would like that and I've had clowns the whole first two years before my crash looking to do one different kinda fish

Considering it will be a single fish, Bi Colour Dottyback would be good. They are crazy smart, very colourful and pretty active

But don't even think about adding a second fish. It wouldn't last long.

edit: There are Gobies that don't need a sandbed. Yellow Clown Gobies are fantastic. But won't provide much activity for a tank if kept alone. Maybe firefish + clown goby would be good for a 10 gal

MadReefer13

I had a yellow clown gobie in my tank before it crashed it was always under the sand tho the sand I sent needed an I was looking at a few kinds of dottybacks there pretty sick may end up one of them

I had a yellow clown gobie in my tank before it crashed it was always under the sand tho the sand I sent needed an I was looking at a few kinds of dottybacks there pretty sick may end up one of them

Are you sure by Yellow Clown Goby you mean this

sunny_01.jpg

because they don't burrow or use the sand bed. At all. Ever. They perch on corals and rockwork.

Pygmy Wrasse

Dottyback

Basslet

These, I especially love skunk clowns

JMO a damsel and a goby or two, after owning a blue damsel I love them. Extremely hardy, most are cheap, pretty, and relatively active. A smaller species would do fine in a 10 IMO, plus it'd likely ignore any goby or similar rock/sand dweller, especially if added after.

Jackal_Knight

+1 to the damsel or clown. I miss my yellow tail damsel very colorful fish, very active and fun to watch. I took down the tank and didn't eat put him with my two clowns in the 11.4. Other wise I would still have him. Clown are also great fish to have.

I think any of the following will provide good color and will be active

Bicolor Dottyback

Purple Dottyback

Yellowtail Damsel

Pygmy Wrasse

Any firefish, (if you want to get fancy then you can try a Helfrichi).

Archived