Top Shelf Aquatics

zoaland 20 Long

MadReefer13

That would make a good signature. :lol:

Well Mr.Seabass you and I obviously share a connection 0.o I put that as my sig before I read that...

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So my tanks zoas are not opening vary much been really trying to find a pest or anything and nothing there.Only thing is that my tank is way over populated with pods.so I'm thinking they are irritating them and there for they won't open? That's what I'm really hoping.right now I can't have any fish til DEC 15 due to some kinda disease(all fish died) so the pods are just going nuts.Is there any others inverts that will eat them? Other then that my spa and LPs are just going nuts,and my algae problem is finally gone just them da.. zoas

Added 5 redleg hermits today also added 5 asteria snails...going to add 5blue hermits and five nirate snails tommarow.and hopefully a coral banded shrimp if they got them in

Got my rw4 today and man do I lobe this thing first controllable power head in my tanks and I works great is perfect on the 20l on lower or on 2 so can upgrad lol ...and best thing is my zoas are opening I thing my old pumps lied and it wasent nearly enough flow in my tank

Well chill, wasnt anything personal. Just couldnt resist.... try a calcium additive? And a water change too... also check the calcium of your water before you add it to the tank... could be the culprit.

i do three gallon weekly wc ..ad been adding kents a and b ...i also am using regular io...switching to reef crystals after this is gone. should i get the crystals now and mix with the io for the switch or just do the switch all at once? and i am chill sorry just was annoying

Well chill, wasnt anything personal. Just couldnt resist.... try a calcium additive? And a water change too... also check the calcium of your water before you add it to the tank... could be the culprit.

I may be wrong but isnt A and B just for maintaining rather than raising? Id switch salt personally now instead of trying to raise it with additives.

when changing salts tho should i do it all at once or mix it into some the regular io

I may be wrong but isnt A and B just for maintaining rather than raising? Id switch salt personally now instead of trying to raise it with additives.

id way rather not add anything never have before then moved to the 20 and cal went way down...i added like 7-10 lbs of dry rock could it be taking the cal?

Id just do your regular 3g water changes with the new salt just to be safe instead of going all at once, although that probably wouldnt hurt anything either, but better safe than sorry.

Id just do your regular 3g water changes with the new salt just to be safe instead of going all at once, although that probably wouldnt hurt anything either, but better safe than sorry.

+1

so dont mix it with the extra regular io i have just use the new stuff all at once wasn't saying do a 100% wc just regular 3 gal but mix the two salts together?

I would just use the new stuff only. Save the IO for another time when you may need it. It comes in handy have extra cheaper salt for when you may want to cure some rock or quarantine something.

Tank Parameters

11/5/14

ammonia 0

nitrite 0

nitrate 0

alk don't know

cal 440

ph 8.0

11/6/14

ammonia 0

nitrite 0

nitrate 0