Top Shelf Aquatics

CAD Lights Pico 4g Zoa & Goby Grotto

SouthFlorida_Tron

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply
SouthFlorida_Tron

NOICEEEEEE !!!! How are you liking it so far ?

It's everything I had hoped it would be. It's got great color, one cable and it's controlled wirelessly via the app on your phone. Great package with 45w of juice. Fan is super silent too.

SouthFlorida_Tron

Thanks guys, I'm hoping they'll start growing a bit faster soon... I'm still struggling with algae a bit... I'm really having a tough time with both tanks right now...

• 2 months later...
SouthFlorida_Tron

You guys think it would be safe to swap out all these small rocks for a bigger piece of dry rock like brs reef saver or the aquamaxx eco dry rock?

Will u have a huge nutrient spike?

• 3 weeks later...

I don't know if you ever got an answer, but yeah, you'd probably get a mini cycle because you'd lose all the biological filtration when you remove the old rocks.

Maybe put a couple small pieces of rock together with the new dry rock in a bucket with a powerhead and heater so that the new rock can get seeded and cycled?

Good luck!

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
SouthFlorida_Tron

That's insane. I can't get growth anywhere near as good as that...

Not really doin much... Lol

Simple.. One nano baggie of the chemipure blue, no sponge or floss as the tank setup isn't the most efficient... Feed daily, and weekly water changes...

I think feeding a variety of different foods is key, and letting it get into the flow stream to disperse to all the coral...

I try to use combinations of these always using different options each day...

25533135752_d8a3304ea1_c.jpgFood by Jon Llama, on Flickr

Archived