Pod Your Reef

CAD Lights Pico 4g Zoa & Goby Grotto

SouthFlorida_Tron

SouthFlorida_Tron

CAD Lights, I love you guys, but stick to glass, the LED is no comparison... it wasn't as bad as say Power Compacts to T5's but they're no match for the NanoBox!

Initially, the build, sex... The intensity, bright as fk.... The rest? Time will tell...

Thanks Dave

:bowdown::flower:

Side by Side

14532967540_d0beebb5a8_z.jpg14716460841_4a888a5e20_z.jpg

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sweet baby Jesus that's just sexy !!! OMG :o !!! That's a night and day comparison man. The lights by cad are a joke I think. Their tanks,are amazing.

I just got 2 of his cluster,I hope to make some sexiness with it. What're your settings ?

SouthFlorida_Tron

Sweet baby Jesus that's just sexy !!! OMG :o !!! That's a night and day comparison man. The lights by cad are a joke I think. Their tanks,are amazing.

I just got 2 of his cluster,I hope to make some sexiness with it. What're your settings ?

Its the eco, plug and play, no settings... so much easier... its fixed at 20w which is perfect as it was designed for 4-5g picos...

SouthFlorida_Tron

sexy! at least you got the older CADLight LEDs with 6 rows of blues. I got the "new" ones with only 3 rows of blues. Look like crap.

It's stunning. The tank is bright, and crisp, with a beautiful shimmer.

Get yours soon!

Hi Tron,

First of all, sweet tank! The Nanobox looks awesome.

I was wondering how that swiftia gorgonian is doing in your pico. I've been wanting one for my 8 gallon gorg forest but don't want to buy it only to kill it. I've had a tiny piece of a blueberry gorg living in the tank for over a month and its still alive but not totally open and thriving like my photosynthetic gorgs.

Thanks!

SouthFlorida_Tron

Hi Tron,

First of all, sweet tank! The Nanobox looks awesome.

I was wondering how that swiftia gorgonian is doing in your pico. I've been wanting one for my 8 gallon gorg forest but don't want to buy it only to kill it. I've had a tiny piece of a blueberry gorg living in the tank for over a month and its still alive but not totally open and thriving like my photosynthetic gorgs.

Thanks!

Tron what kind of gorg is that?

Hey guys, not sure the name of the gorg. I bought it at a frag swap for $20 a few weeks ago. I was worried how it would do in this tank but I suppose it enjoys the flow and light. Last week for 6 days it was closed up but I supposed it was shedding as people reffered to it and it is now extended better than ever... Nutrients are actually rather normal, minimal phosphates and low nitrates... he seems happy...

SouthFlorida_Tron

I will say that I feed daily a mix of frozen cyclops with blood worms, mysis, and brine so I'm sure its loving all that yummy goodness.

• 3 weeks later...
SouthFlorida_Tron

Updates?

Ya... death. Algae, Issues...

Both tanks, its slowly coming around but not sure what the hell is going on here in south FL. I wasn't able to figure out if it was the water or some kind of voodoo in the air... My rodi filters are fairly new, so i thought maybe salt, but I'm using two different salts on both tanks, but still having issues, not sure if could've been temp related or whatnot, but the 34g is stabilizing and doing better, corals are looking better, just fighting off the last of the algae, this 4g is a different story, already removed the gorg, it got encrusted with algae it couldn't fight off even if i blew it off and the zoas are still struggling with the same algae...

Ill be removing the huge sponge in the back as i think its not only clogging flow but trapping too much crap... going to start doing 2 water changes on this tank weekly... Seems to have helped the 34g so why not try it...

Holy crap that was fast... Really strange though. I had a suggestion but I forgot -_-. You could try a decreased phone period or just lights out for 2-3 days

But that sponge sounds like it could be creating nitrates. I assume you of all people are testing?

• 2 weeks later...
SouthFlorida_Tron

Hey guys, the lfs got a bunch of tiny black sailfin blennies.

Could I add once to the tank alongside the hi fin and the 2 shrimps?

What is his diet like?

• 4 weeks later...

I am loving the little tank have same concept have a 16g IM white desktop and 40g Hagen shallow. I hope one day I have a family that they can follow my hobbie.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
SouthFlorida_Tron

Well i do already love the tide. Itll be even better when my zoas are glowing under the royal blues though! Should have just gotten it in the first place...

Archived