Coral Vue Hydros

CAD Lights Pico 4g Zoa & Goby Grotto

SouthFlorida_Tron

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hahaha,ample water changes mane !! You can do anything. It's like a clown,but way smalllllller lol and splitting it into 1" segments lol.

I want to get a pair for my 7 gallon,some kinda bad.

SouthFlorida_Tron

Hey, how many rows of blues do you have? Mine only has 3 rows of blues...yours look like it has six???

Ya, the one I got comes with 6 Blue & 3 White.

Cameron6796

Hey tron, how's the light keeping things alive.

I may be getting the 18 and it has I believe two of those on it, I won't be able to get a light for a while so just wondering how up yours are working for now

SouthFlorida_Tron

I suppose it is keeping coral alive... the most subjective to light intensity is the new frogspawn, its extended and happy, but the light could be stronger...

the next chance i have $$$ ill be contacting dave from nano box...

Cameron6796

Yeah I was thinking nano box as well if the light doesn't work out the most id keep was going to be a frag spawn anyways until I could upgrade

Nanofreak79

I like frags, but hate mounting them, lol. I always try and cut the plugs down as much as possible, and then mount depending on lighting requirements. It's a little hard to see what you have, or what your plans are for the future.

Cameron6796

Edit. Okay you can glue them but if you want to remove them from the frag plug, and attach them to your rock how do you even do that. They slime up... A lot

SouthFlorida_Tron

Lots to tell!!!!!

So today I had to go to the LFS to get some more food and I found

14366928810_c556127dd4_c.jpgHi Fin Goby and Pistol by J.L Photography, on Flickr

so hence the following!!

14367001968_c1bd7f3a1c_c.jpgCut the frame by J.L Photography, on Flickr

14553603065_b8a0830d88_c.jpgSize up the netting by J.L Photography, on Flickr

14552024144_c97a33a80a_c.jpgInsert rubber lining by J.L Photography, on Flickr

14573703393_26bfe67b07_c.jpgClean excess by J.L Photography, on Flickr

14550196431_9cf0749ba0_c.jpgMount on tank by J.L Photography, on Flickr

AND.........

measure-white.png

Spiderguardnano

wow awesome torn where did you buy the materials for the screen and how much was it?

tanks going to look killah with that pair

SouthFlorida_Tron

wow awesome torn where did you buy the materials for the screen and how much was it?

tanks going to look killah with that pair

So, I had the rubber from previous kits, I think left over from BRS, but lowes has it... thats all they use, regular screen materials for doors etc...

so I bought one 6 foot frame, and cut it down, I had the rubber, bought a 4 pack of the end pieces... and the netting is the tricky part... i had bad luck with the BRS 1/4" net, gobies make it through the holes... So I was recommended by NanoTopia to try tulle (the stuff used to make TuTus for ballerinas) and its great, small so fish can't make it through but light doesn't get blocked, and of course great for gas exchange (unlike glass)

Maybe $10 for everything lol?!

Hell yeah !!! Nice additions man,they'll compliment the tank really nice. Oh snappppps on the light man !!! That's what's up :o !!! Lucky man,lucky !!!

I'm really wanting to get one of Dave's cluster and DIY into a light and maybe add a few other leds. Can't beat the price !!!

SouthFlorida_Tron

I got the eco, at 20w. It's going to be brighter and more intense than this Cad LED with the low power leds. Looking to improve tank lighting but avoid cooking coral! I think this is an appropriate compromise considering the colors it will yield!

SouthFlorida_Tron

The one you're getting the all white one,orr a custom cluster ?

The body color I don't know. But the cluster has violet, lime, warm white, neutral white, blue, cyan and royal.

Gotcha,okay. For the price of the cluster he offers,you can't beat it. Especially for a diy'er like myself.

SouthFlorida_Tron

I'm excited... I'll definitely be doing before, afters, and white wall side by sides...

Archived