inTank Media Baskets

CAD Lights Pico 4g Zoa & Goby Grotto

SouthFlorida_Tron

SouthFlorida_Tron

CAD_logo.png

..::The Zoa & Goby Grotto::..

25018518204_da5421ed80_c.jpgFTS March 2016 by Jon Llama, on Flickr24708563341_230d1c17dd_c.jpg[/url]February 2016 FTS by Jon Llama, on Flickr20880132729_e40c36d0a0_c.jpg[/url]9-1-15 by Jon Llama, on Flickr16825596457_06dc39c897_c.jpg[/url]April 2015 FTS by J.L Photography, on Flickr

..::Equipment::..

CAD Lights Pico 4g Mini-II Aquarium

AI Prime

Cobalt MJ400 Return

Cobalt Aquatics 25w Neo-Therm Heater

Chemi-Pure Blue

..::Livestock::..

Hi-Fin Goby with

Randall's Pistol Shrimp

15403940163_59565677e1_c.jpgAngry Goby by J.L Photography, on Flickr

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nanofreak79

Yay, getting the kids involved. I love that my kids are getting more interested in this hobby. Very cool tank, tron!

SouthFlorida_Tron

Daaaayum!

So clean!

Thats the idea! Thanks Angel.

Mia's one lucky girl :wub:

She is, and Im one lucky daddy!

606.gif

i want one

Thats what I said when I saw the sale go up... Luckily I have grandparents that want to spoil their granddaughter!

Yay, getting the kids involved. I love that my kids are getting more interested in this hobby. Very cool tank, tron!

Mia has always been involved, she loves watching me do the maintenance, she's always asking to feed the fish, help with the magnet cleaning, and now she will have her very own tank lol... to an extent.

So looking forward to seeing how this thing will look in 6-12 months...

Ideas on what it can hold? So far we have pre paid for a beautiful black/orange clown pair, and a cleaner.... Have some Dragon's Breath for the display... I have on my frag rack some Nuclear Greens, other than zoas, what other attractive softies can be in such small quarters?

Nanofreak79

Neon green nepthia. Great, bright, fluorescent green color. Some people hate mushies, but I find there are many beautiful varieties. Maybe a sun coral?

SouthFlorida_Tron

Never had any experience sun coral, and haven't owned a mushroom since my novice beginner years of reef keeping...LOL

It is a lot smaller than I thought with the rubble i scaped out, maybe i can just turn it into a nice zoa pico...I have plenty i can move over that are just loose in my tank...

Nuclear Greens

Candy Apple Reds

Oxides

Tyree Space Monster

God of War

I just wonder how the LED light is... Zoas should be getting enough right?

NICE , another father / daughter tank.

Emma and I are having a great time with hers, I hope yours goes just as well.

Following along

SouthFlorida_Tron

So I'm second guessing the pair of small clowns for this tank. They're still in holding at the store...

Any feedback??

SouthFlorida_Tron

UPDATE:

So throughout the week, I got some brown algae blooming, so apparently a mini cycle has run its course, and I added a few snails and crabs to combat it and they won.

This morning, I found pods on the glass! So to test out the light, I added one of my Nuclear Green frags since I have an abundance of them, we shall see how they react to the CAD LED.

Spiderguardnano

I'm really interested in how the lights are

I want to do a 8g from cad light but was kind if sketched out of the lights

SouthFlorida_Tron

I'm really interested in how the lights are

I want to do a 8g from cad light but was kind if sketched out of the lights

So far the pallys have opened up nicely. Will keep an eye on them.

• 3 weeks later...
SouthFlorida_Tron

Ill add some pics tomorrow....tank settled nicely, added the first fish, and second coral!

SouthFlorida_Tron

oh snaps !!! what were both additions ?

The tank was finally ready for the preorders at the store but since i wasn't quite comfortable with the pair of clowns my daughter wanted i discussed with the owner what my options were as far as single clowns, she said well, if you are up to the challenge, we do have a baby beat up clown who needs rescuing that i could try and recover to full health, and its actually perfect because this clown is literally tiny, but torn up, skinny, but so far has shown plenty of activity and life, and an appetite two days in the new glass....So things are looking up...

as far as coral, two, three weeks ago i added a loose nuclear green frag i had in my larger tank, and picked up a zoa frag from the store as well, from what i can tell it has watermelon, radioactive dragon eyes, and one more i can't ID, looks similar...... similar.... to a king midas, with that very bright middle... but who knows...

either way, the tank is starting to come alive... will keep an eye on the results of the new additions and will judge to see if i can add something along the likes of a ricordia or something!

Love the scrimmp man !!! Those Zoa's look super nice too.

How do you like the light ? Looks like it has some good color.

Archived