SaltCritters.com

Le 45gal build! *Refugium pics pg10!*

Angel<3Nanos

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Angel<3Nanos
Looks great so far, I was going to ask what size bulkheads are you running for your return/drain?

The drain has a 1" and a 3/4" bulkheads. And my 2 returns are 3/4"s.

Angel<3Nanos
looks good, have you painted the stand yet?
Thx! :) and no I haven't yet! I've need way too busy but hopefully I can paint it this weekend! ;)

How much does sonny charge per hole?
$10 per hole. I think every LFS on Vegas has the same prices. But sonny is super fast and does an amazing job.
Steensj2004

I have only ONE complaint......This build thread only has 2 pages :P . Following this one, I hate reading and seeing pictures in a killer thread with all kinds of badass equipment only to get to the last post and have to wait for more updates! hehe! Love the tank and equipment so far. Any stocking plans yet?

Angel<3Nanos
I have only ONE complaint......This build thread only has 2 pages :P . Following this one, I hate reading and seeing pictures in a killer thread with all kinds of badass equipment only to get to the last post and have to wait for more updates! hehe! Love the tank and equipment so far. Any stocking plans yet?
Haha I will post some pics of some fish I'm planning to put in there. I want a wrasse for sure but something that would POP! Any suggestions?

Nice dims on this tank. The equipment selection is top notch as well. I'll be following along.
Thx Ark! Your tank is a BIG inspiration for me! Its an honor to have you follow my thread! ;)

Looking great! Are you going to paint the back black?
Thx! And yes and no, I've always painted all my tanks black but I've seen some beautiful tanks with a blue or white background, but I'm still going strong with black. Mainly because it never looks dirty lol.And also expect an order from me soon! I've been looking at your killer selection lately! So much good candy there! ;)
Angel<3Nanos

So I just realized the hinges i bought were wrong lol gotta go back and get the right ones and hopefully I can finish the stand tomorrow :)

Angel<3Nanos

I like the stand color, very nice work/

Thx man! The pic looks very brown but its actually the color of blood. :D lol when I finished painting the stand my wife thought I had just murder someone because of my hands haha

Following! That stand you have looks a little large for that tank...? Can't wait to see updates. Can I ask why you drilled 2 holes behind the overflow? Is this just to drain more into the sump or is there some kind of physics underlying this to make it more efficient?

Angel<3Nanos

Following! That stand you have looks a little large for that tank...? Can't wait to see updates. Can I ask why you drilled 2 holes behind the overflow? Is this just to drain more into the sump or is there some kind of physics underlying this to make it more efficient?

Yes the stand will have this tank plus my 13.3 frag tank. And a 42" long sump. :) which is why I bought it this long.

And the return has 2 holes for protection. In case of an overflow or one return gets clogged. Just a precaution.

That makes sense, I was just wondering bc I'm about to drill a 20L maybe I should go for 2 hours drilled. The overflow box I ordered is pretty small tho. I'll have to wait till I get it to make a determination. So you are keeping your sump level with the display tank?

Angel<3Nanos

That makes sense, I was just wondering bc I'm about to drill a 20L maybe I should go for 2 hours drilled. The overflow box I ordered is pretty small tho. I'll have to wait till I get it to make a determination. So you are keeping your sump level with the display tank?

Yeah! If you can have two holes do it. If not its ok, I've had drilled tanks with only 1 hole on the overflow and ran fine.

What do you mean by sump level with DT level? Lol

Nanofreak79
Yes the stand will have this tank plus my 13.3 frag tank. And a 42" long sump. :) which is why I bought it this long.And the return has 2 holes for protection. In case of an overflow or one return gets clogged. Just a precaution.
That's pretty sweet. I want to do the same thing with two of my tanks. Great idea.

Yeah! If you can have two holes do it. If not its ok, I've had drilled tanks with only 1 hole on the overflow and ran fine.What do you mean by sump level with DT level? Lol
He's confusing. The sump would be on the bottom, lower I assume. Not my tank, but that's the usual standard.
Angel<3Nanos

That's pretty sweet. I want to do the same thing with two of my tanks. Great idea.

He's confusing. The sump would be on the bottom, lower I assume. Not my tank, but that's the usual standard.

Do it man! ;)

And youre correct nanofreak. The sump will be inside the stand. :)

Yeah! If you can have two holes do it. If not its ok, I've had drilled tanks with only 1 hole on the overflow and ran fine.

What do you mean by sump level with DT level? Lol

As mentioned in the above post, by level I meant the same height or right next to the main tank. Traditionally the sump is located underneath the display in order to hide all the filtration equipment

Archived